1972 Grande Ginger Cloth upholstery

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdtommy75

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Grande, Medium Yellow Gold, Ginger Interior, 351C
Question everyone:

I have a 72 Grande with ginger cloth and vinyl interior. Everything look at is either vinyl or houndstooth upholstery.

Is there a source for correct ginger cloth and vinyl sets?

Maybe I'm missing something. I got a new NPD catalog and they don't even show it.

Thanks!

Wow, honestly as many of these cars as are out there, I'm amazed that no one makes a correct kit for them by now. Sad.

I'll take a look at SMS. I'd really rather not change the entire interior to something that isn't correct just to resolve one seat thats torn up.

Thanks!

The place in Oregon has the Factory material not repo. I ordered samples for the CW White Knitted vinyl and it matched perfect. You can buy the material by the yard and send to the people that make the interiors and they will sew it up for you. Don't know what they charge but I know they would do better than a local trim shop.

I have a couple seats that are Ginger and there are differences in them. They are the Mach 1 style interior. One is true knitted like in my Mach 1 and the other looks different in pattern. Did they change the material at some point? I attached a couple pictures. I would sell the one that does not match my Mach 1 I just bought these in case I got a tear one day for orig. material. The one on the left would be the one I would sell the cover off. It looks more like perforated material instead of woven. I need the seat frame to replace a rusty one and the hard plastic back I need also.

David

DSC_0403.JPG

DSC_0404.JPG

DSC_0405.JPG

DSC_0406.JPG

DSC_0407.JPG

Latest posts

Back