1972 Mach-1 Carpet , Help !!!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 Q-code 351CJ
1968 289 Coupe
2005 Mustang V6 Legend Lime
1968 Chevrolet Nova
1964 Corvette Stingray
1986 Corvette "Official Pace Car"
1986 Mercedes 190D
Guys ::help:: ,

I'm going crazy on this one.

My 1972 4F ( Lime green Metallic ) Mach-1 came from the factory with green carpet with Metallic-kiwi green inserts.

As i need a new carpet for my stang i ordered a green 1972 Mach-1 carpet at Mustangs Unlimited.

When the box was delivered to my home i found out that the color from the new carpet is much darker then the original ( i found a nice piece original color under a seam ) and the color of the insert where also dark green.

Today i emailed with ACC , and they told me there was only one color of green for a Mach1 in 1972 , dark green with dark green inserts !?? ::huh:::

I'm abolutely sure that the old carpet is all original because the original ford part number was stamped on it and my 2 buildsheet where one with the underside of the carpet.

I added a picture from my original carpet ( it's not the best picture butt thats all i have right now )taken from drivers side.

second picture is from the internet , taken from passengers side.

Can someone advice me what to do ??

kind regards,

John

A lot of the correct carpets just are not made.

You could remove your original inserts and have them stitched into the new carpet.

As for the color of the yarn there will be fading after 40 years.

All the aftermarket carpets have mistakes In them, if your carpet can be repaired you might want to keep it.

A lot of the correct carpets just are not made.

You could remove your original inserts and have them stitched into the new carpet.

As for the color of the yarn there will be fading after 40 years.

All the aftermarket carpets have mistakes In them, if your carpet can be repaired you might want to keep it.
The original carpet is too far gone , but the inserts are in verry good condition.

Stitching them in a new carpet is not a bad option. :goodone:

I have had a couple of cars with carpet like yours.

Since ACC has bought out all of the competition...

You know what happens when there is no competition

Might be possible to get the standard carpet and re-use your pads.

I would go and talk to a local upholstery guy first as the pads are " heat-welded " into place

I have had a couple of cars with carpet like yours.

Since ACC has bought out all of the competition...

You know what happens when there is no competition

Might be possible to get the standard carpet and re-use your pads.

I would go and talk to a local upholstery guy first as the pads are " heat-welded " into place
It is ashame about ACC, their carpet is the pits! If I could find good original I would go that way! I am on my third set of ACC carpet.The only way you can keep it looking good is do'nt drive the car and definatly never ever vacum it! It just pulls and pulls and frays! Horrible! I already need to replace it again and I bet I don't have 3,000 miles on it. I use paper mats to cover it except for shows.

I would pay double for a good quality factory carpet and never complain! I wished I would have save my original! The drivers side mat was the only worn part after 90,000 miles! Live and learn !

PC250009.JPG

i went through 2 ACC carpets making one decent set, they still suck, they cut them too short and the shape is shrunk.

i had one ACC carpet start to unravel also.

Okay, so you all tell me that the quality of the ACC carpets is not verry good.

And there is no competition because ACC bought them all out.

Is there realy no other vendor who can deliver a good quality carpet ??

Got an email from ACC again they advice me to take the 100% Nylon version !? , i asumed that the right choice should be 80% Rayon 20% Nylon !??

I took the original inserts of the old carpet already , they were glued or heat welded and came of pretty easy.

So guys give me some advice , should i buy Nylon , 80/20 , should i buy it by ACC or somewhere else ??

Thanks ,

John

The Netherlands

John,I really wished I could give you a good answer,I just don't know of anyone else. Maybe the 100% nylon is the answer. All i know is what they sell as oem bites big time! I have spent probably 600.00 on three sets of junk! I would have gladly spent that or more for carpet that would be as good as the factory Ford. Good luck and keep us informed.

I must opoligize to the vendors who read this forum that sell ACC. This is just my personal opinion and experiance, and is in NO way ment to cast a shadow on our vendors! You guys can only sell what is given you and I appreciate what you do for our hobby!

Sounds like a good business opportunity. ;)
No doubt! I had posted on the VMF one time when a vendor was asking us what parts we would like to see re-poped and this has been my # 1 request! Jeff T. hiit the nail on the head! The stuff we have just unravils and looks like poop! (Dang, you would think I have strong feelings about this issue or something!):rolleyes:

Bought carpet for the '71 deluxe Grande but can't remember where. This was about two years ago and bought door panels, upholstery and interior paint at near the same time. What surprised me was all the colors matched and the parts were purchased from four different vendors (two of which advertise here).

The carpet fits like a glove. Already pre-formed and cut to size. There was some trimming to do and you had to cut the tranny hole. Otherwise this is an excellent product. Have things changed that much in two years?

mike

Bought carpet for the '71 deluxe Grande but can't remember where. This was about two years ago and bought door panels, upholstery and interior paint at near the same time. What surprised me was all the colors matched and the parts were purchased from four different vendors (two of which advertise here).

The carpet fits like a glove. Already pre-formed and cut to size. There was some trimming to do and you had to cut the tranny hole. Otherwise this is an excellent product. Have things changed that much in two years?

mike
Mike,

Seems that you have to go to a hypnotic therapist for this one LOL.

John

mike
Mike,

Seems that you have to go to a hypnotic therapist for this one LOL.

John
Where in Nederlanden? Been telling a friend from Leiden she needs to get a classic Mustang.

mike

Latest posts

Back