Another glove box relay/ buzzer post

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Mach1
The car is a 73 Mach 1 that I have been working on.
This is one area on this car that can drive you crazy. I think I am starting to figure it out but I hav some questions. I do have a “ wiring diagram” i‘ll just leave it at that. I have a plug that I need to identify. I think it might be for the convenience group which I don’t have but I want to see if it is or what it’s for.A circuit no. would also help. Pictures below, The wire colors in the 2nd picture- Black w/ purple hatch, Red w/ white? Stripe,Green w/ orange? Dot, Red,and Black or Brown. Sorry old wires and old eyes. Thanks for any info.IMG_1438.jpegIMG_1437.jpegIMG_1437.jpeg

The connector you are holding is Connector C-702 on the wire diagram. It joins two harnessess above the glove box, 14401 & 13B712. The wires in the connector tie the Ignition/Key "on" input & the headlights "on" input to the associated warning buzzer that may have been removed, like on my car. The wires on the end of the C-702 connector you are showing are:

- Brown Wire (ckt# 14) Headlight switch to tail & side marker lights
- Black/Pink Hash (ckt#158) Key Warning switch to buzzer
- Red/Pink Stripe (ckt# 159) Door Jamb switch to buzzer
- Light Green/Red Dots (ckt#162) Emergency Brake warning light to emergency brake switch

Here are the pages from the wiring diagram. Sorry that I don't have the tools or skills to mark this up like a lot of members do...someday...Hope this helps.

Attachments

• c-702 connector circuits.pdf
    353.4 KB · Views: 1
  • C-702 connector.pdf
    162.5 KB · Views: 2
Yes, that is a plug for the optional convenience harness. The majority of the cars do not have this option, so the plug can be left alone.

The connector you are holding is Connector C-702 on the wire diagram. It joins two harnessess above the glove box, 14401 & 13B712. The wires in the connector tie the Ignition/Key "on" input & the headlights "on" input to the associated warning buzzer that may have been removed, like on my car. The wires on the end of the C-702 connector you are showing are:

- Brown Wire (ckt# 14) Headlight switch to tail & side marker lights
- Black/Pink Hash (ckt#158) Key Warning switch to buzzer
- Red/Pink Stripe (ckt# 159) Door Jamb switch to buzzer
- Light Green/Red Dots (ckt#162) Emergency Brake warning light to emergency brake switch

Here are the pages from the wiring diagram. Sorry that I don't have the tools or skills to mark this up like a lot of members do...someday...Hope this helps.
Thanks that helps a lot it confirms what I was thinking. You have to love the wiring diagram, I looked all over for the c-702 but only found the one near the key switch I totally missed the others.

I’m glad it helped. I just looked at your introduction post and saw your Marti Report which is great info. Midlife was right as always, your Mach1 didn’t come with the convenience group by that report.

Back