1973 Mach 1 restoration

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That brings back memories of how mine looked. I posted pics in the 71 Mustang Gallery.

Mine was also taken apart totally for the body and paint. Then I bought a complete of set of fasteners which was all new nuts, screws, bolts, and rubber bushings for the entire car. It is not all you need but a great way to start. Searching for the right nuts and bolts or screws is way too time consuming when these are around.

I did the suspension first, then worked from the back to the front. That way by the time I got it running it would already have the seats, windows, lights, gauges, etc. in so I could drive it.

Too bad you aren't closer, I would enjoy helping.

Good luck and enjoy the challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking n looking at those pics just ticks me off. Knowing that it wasnt like this in the first place. Wish i had been older when my father decided to take it to be restored in the first place. I still see one of the guys that did this. I need to b held back so i dont smash his his car up. Sorry for venting. I do have to say my brother n I searched all over today for the paperwork. We finally gave up, and was sitting out talking at graduation party n i got up walked back inside went to spot i last seen the paperwork, opened drawer there it was. My brother looked there twice. His gf asked how i knew to look again. She said i just got up n walked away. I want to believe my father guided me to it. I was completely sober also. Lol

Wow! That brings back memories of how mine looked. I posted pics in the 71 Mustang Gallery.

Mine was also taken apart totally for the body and paint. Then I bought a complete of set of fasteners which was all new nuts, screws, bolts, and rubber bushings for the entire car. It is not all you need but a great way to start. Searching for the right nuts and bolts or screws is way too time consuming when these are around.

I did the suspension first, then worked from the back to the front. That way by the time I got it running it would already have the seats, windows, lights, gauges, etc. in so I could drive it.

Too bad you aren't closer, I would enjoy helping.

Good luck and enjoy the challenge.

Very nice car and great story. The car looks very solid and is a desirable 4 barrel car with a 4 speed. The parts that are missing can all be found. Take your time and ask for help.

That should be a very nice car when you get done. Stick with it and there are no silly questions so ask for help and or advice often

I have posted more pictures, some of the engine, front end and the wheel parts. They are located in my gallery.

I found this yesterday while going through my fathers briefcase. Also found a vehicle registration card from 1982. The last time it was every registered. My father never drove it after that. He stopped driving the car when the gas pedal stuck while driving it down to our new house when we moved.IMG (510x640).jpg

I have posted more pictures, some of the engine, front end and the wheel parts. They are located in my gallery.

I'm sure he did too. He saved for this car with the money he earned in the Military and after Vietnam to purchase it.

Hi Techgurl,

Everything okay?

Have you started with the restoration of the Mustang?

Several people here on the forum can help you with advice and parts.

I started with a Mustang in boxes and a empty shell, previous owner take all apart and was running out of interesting and money.

A lot of parts are destroyed/missing, it takes 3 years to complete and a lot of money.

Now the car is coming back from the painter and ready to install the windows/build the door windows mechanism/the front nose/bumpers/wheels/Etc...

I'm hoping to drive the car in 2015 or 2016.

Don't give up and please keep in touch.

Eddy

Back