1973 Machi restoration for my wife....................... for our 20th anniversary

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, never add up the receipts. Note, I have a spreadsheet for parts and labor for my 65 that totals between yours and Erics. I decided not to do that for the 71-73 cars.

Good job with yours. Now about those pics...

Radio original am/fm with blue tooth conversion $650

glass (entire car ebay) $650

Chris's Stang various parts $700, $1,400, $1374

NPD $1050

Frame straighten with tow $150

Bumper brackets $150

Steering wheel (rimblow resto) $450

Horn rimblow switch $100

Wheels (factory alum resto) $750 no time to do myself

Wheels machine work for broken center bolts $210

tires $400

centers $210

lugs $60

paint trunk replacement and stripping $10,000

Stripes $1,000

seat belts (don't have bill yet but approx) $500

Stripe kit (hockey stripes not 73 but I prefer) $150

wiring-wiring by midlife for dash approx $400

guages clock resto amm-to-voltmeter and re-calibration $200

bulbs all new led lights entire car $300

new tailight bezels Daniel Carpenter $120

NOS battery inner panel $75

battery support $30

battery tray $20

sound deadener $200

roof trim $186

3 gauge bezel $40

vertical weatherstripping $125

door seal $10

NOS crank handle 2 $60

ash tray $31

Window ¼ SS $30

Headlight switch $25

Headlight switch knob $35

Grill support$43

Fold down seat bracket $87

Trunk clip $15

C-pillar door latch $65

New Addition upholstery $1200

Chris's Stang $540

NPD's shocks misc $350

$24,016

Hopefully other than the missing rag joint I am finished!  I'm using the old door panels but they aren't horrible.

Great looking vehicle you have there

Personally I don't want to know how much I've spent or still to spend, a bit frightening just thinking about it but even more frightening if the missus gets wind of it, CRIKEY!

You forgot to add-in the free seatback release clippy thing I sent you to the final tally.   lollerz

Lookin' GOOD, Brutha!  She'll be more than pleased.  ::thumb::

Thanks!

I took my son away last weekend 4 wheeling. This weekend I am working. The next three weekends will be the car. Hopefully i will finish it!!!

This weekend had I had some progress. I was able to mount the gauges and the radio. The radio bezels proved to be a pain. I had to cut out the trip odometer buton and use panel adhesive to glue it into the new bezel! I went to mount the rear shocks and found one of the mounts haf stress fractues in it. That required some welding from inthe dcar into the hole. What a pain!

I also mounted the rebuilt steering tilt rag joint.

I had to blast my delux door handles and epoxy prime. The new engine senders were installed new belts. The PS was out of alignment so I had to make a spaer. Someone lost the original! We also went throught he rear tailight harness and put the new LED bulbs in.

The front marker lights have new LED bulbs as well. I installed NOS windshield wiper swtxh bezel cigarette lighter bezel and headlight switch bezel. They were a pain! I bought a tol to install them and got the wrong tool so I had to make a tool to do the job. I was not about to use a screw driver on the NOS stuff. Most of the wiring is now done. Hopefully this weekend It will come togethere. Progress was slow!

I had a heck of a time aligning the hood twist locks!

I also cut the holes in the doors for the speakers and mounted them as well as the new center speaker from NPD. It comes with two Kenwoods in a bracket. It is kinda nice. The door speakers were a pain. They did not come with a template!

This weekend had I had some progress.  I was able to mount the gauges and the radio.  The radio bezels proved to be a pain.  I had to cut out the trip odometer buton and use panel adhesive to glue it into the new bezel!  I went to mount the rear shocks and found one of the mounts haf stress fractues in it.  That required some welding from inthe dcar into the hole.  What a pain!

I also mounted the rebuilt steering tilt rag joint.  

I had to blast my delux door handles and epoxy prime.  The new engine senders were installed new belts.  The PS was out of alignment so I had to make a spaer.  Someone lost the original!  We also went throught he rear tailight harness and put the new LED bulbs in.

The front marker lights have new LED bulbs as well.  I installed NOS windshield wiper swtxh bezel cigarette lighter bezel and headlight switch bezel.  They were a pain!  I bought a tol to install them and got the wrong tool so I had to make a tool to do the job.  I was not about to use a screw driver on the NOS stuff.  Most of the wiring is now done.  Hopefully this weekend It will come togethere.  Progress was slow!

I had a heck of a time aligning the hood twist locks!

I also cut the holes in the doors for the speakers and mounted them as well as the new center speaker from NPD.  It comes with two Kenwoods in a bracket.  It is kinda nice.  The door speakers were a pain.  They did not come with a template!
Too late now but there is a template for the door speakers on the Forum for the stock door speakers. I posted last year. I have a couple sets of NOS speakers that had the template included.

This weekend showed some progress! The fold down seat was finished. The rear seats and panels. I installed the dome light and windshield headliner trim and the A-pillars were painted and installed. The carpet and sound deadener was also finished. I installed the door locks and the trunk lock. I added the grill support bracket and windshield wipers were painted and installed. The dash bezel glove box lock and bezel and the holes cut for the piece above the glove box. I also added the holder for the radio USB and AUX port. I went with the converted old radio with blue tooth. I installed the tilt wheel and the restored rim blow steering wheel. I added the shifter bezel sill plates and kick panels. I had to paint a few small parts along the way. I had to secure and tighten up the wires above the glove box. I also added my new (old) $60 trunk light! The trunk lock I had rebuilt was for and earlier model so we had to use a dremel and cut grooves in the side for the clip! I have one weekend left!

I still have to:

1. mount the front spoiler

2. install panel above glove box

3. install center console

4. install dash pad

5. seats

6. glove box liner

7. license plates and front bracket for plate

This weekend showed some progress! The fold down seat was finished. The rear seats and panels. I installed the dome light and windshield headliner trim and the A-pillars were painted and installed. The carpet and sound deadener was also finished. I installed the door locks and the trunk lock. I added the grill support bracket and windshield wipers were painted and installed. The dash bezel glove box lock and bezel and the holes cut for the piece above the glove box. I also added the holder for the radio USB and AUX port. I went with the converted old radio with blue tooth. I installed the tilt wheel and the restored rim blow steering wheel. I added the shifter bezel sill plates and kick panels. I had to paint a few small parts along the way. I had to secure and tighten up the wires above the glove box. I also added my new (old) $60 trunk light! The trunk lock I had rebuilt was for and earlier model so we had to use a dremel and cut grooves in the side for the clip! I have one weekend left!

I still have to:

1. mount the front spoiler

2. install panel above glove box

3. install center console

4. install dash pad

5. seats

6. glove box liner

7. license plates and front bracket for plate

8. sun visors and misc trim for headliner

Can I ask who did your three spoke wheel? Also do they not repo the Mach 1 carpet with the vinyl runners sewn in where the mats go? That is one of the few items related to Mach 1 you could not get on other models.

Looks like great progress.

Well that's the interior. It was quite a bit of work. I gave the car to my wife last sat. It went well she was stunned! I think she was in shock mostly. We have had it a long time and she said she thought maybe when the kids grew up we would get to it. Anyway, I am happy that I found this website it has helped a lot

Back