1973 Machi restoration for my wife....................... for our 20th anniversary

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure on the carpet. I bought the best piece that NPD had. The wheel was done by rimblow buddy. It is beautiful. They do nice work

I'm not sure on the carpet.  I bought the best piece that NPD had.  The wheel was done by rimblow buddy.  It is beautiful.  They do nice work
They might not make it with the Mach 1 insert. This pic you can see some of it. Was like a floor mat made to the carpet only on Mach 1's.

temporarily upload pics

I will have to check to late now! MAybe the next go around!

Nice job!  Glad to hear it was a hit!  Your hard work paid off, and the wife's happy - ain't nothin' wrong with that! ::thumb::

Glad to hear we could help... now, make sure to keep us posted on finishing up 'the little stuff,' and keep sharing the 'happy pics' of you guys enjoying it.

I continue to work on the lttle details. I added a trunk light. It cost me $66!!!!! That said it was a mint factory unit and I wanted it done before the date. Now I can slow down. My wife just took it to get gas. I am interested in the gas mileage with the little Holley I built for it.

A lot will depend on driving style. I did pretty good recently on the Hot Rod Power Tour. 750 DP with an aggressive cam and 3.7 rear gears and I averaged 16. The 5 speed with 0.68 overdrive was the main reason for that though and I was taking it easy on the car as it was break in.

Holy Crap! Time flies! It has been a while since i have added to the build.  The car was driven here and there.  Hopefully it will be driven more this year.  A few years ago I bought her a FITECH unit.  This Christmas I bought a a/c conversion.  I will be adding the a/c soon.  We also have new door panels to install.  the big news is the engine.  The old Cleveland runs good but is old.  I decided to upgrade and I had an old Cleveland block.  Unfortunately, after $500 in machine work I was told it needed 4 sleeves.  ANyone want a free Cleveland block?  Ugh So I bought this

397-M6010B35192B Engine Block Boss 351

I also bought CHI 4 heads.  I will be looking for a 600 HP motor for the car.  I am adding a stroker kit so it will be 427 cubic inches.  I will post some pics as I move along.  The motor build will be this summer but i won't add the engine until next winter

600 HP should be easily done with those parts but, cam selection is critical. Good luck with the build. Chuck

It's a brand new part.  The block is pretty amazing.  I so excited about this build.  I just ordered the following...

*Scat 4340 steel crankshaft - $850
*Scat 4340 I-beam rods - $368
*Custom Racetec forged pistons with rings - $775
*Coated Clevite main/rod bearings - $300
*Custom hydraulic roller camshaft - $450
*Morel hydraulic roller lifters - $450
*Comp Cams Ultra Gold rockers - $400
*ARP head bolts - $89
*Felpro MLS head gaskets - $200
*Felpro timing cover gasket - $12
*Felpro rear main seal - $30
*Milodon oil pan gasket - $37
*Felpro valve cover gaskets - $25
*Mr. Gasket intake manifold gaskets - $25
*Melling HV oil pump - $78
*ARP pump shaft - $19
*Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake - $425
*Milodon front sump oil pan/pickup - $331
*ARP bolt kit - $98
*Cloyes billet timing set - $95
*Milodon aluminum water pump - $105

*Pioneer harmonic balancer - $266

*ARP balancer bolt - $24

$5686 including shipping.

I cannot believe how this stuff adds up.  That doesn't include the 5K for the heads and and the block!  11K for a pile of parts

ugh..........

Well she is worth it

Holy Crap! Time flies! It has been a while since i have added to the build.  The car was driven here and there.  Hopefully it will be driven more this year.  A few years ago I bought her a FITECH unit.  This Christmas I bought a a/c conversion.  I will be adding the a/c soon.  We also have new door panels to install.  the big news is the engine.  The old Cleveland runs good but is old.  I decided to upgrade and I had an old Cleveland block.  Unfortunately, after $500 in machine work I was told it needed 4 sleeves.  ANyone want a free Cleveland block?  Ugh So I bought this

397-M6010B35192B Engine Block Boss 351

I also bought CHI 4 heads.  I will be looking for a 600 HP motor for the car.  I am adding a stroker kit so it will be 427 cubic inches.  I will post some pics as I move along.  The motor build will be this summer but i won't add the engine until next winter
You still have that block for free?

Is it just me I do not see a thermostat location in the block??
For sure a stronger than stock block. Parts are crazy anymore and actually should be less with almost no labor all CNC. I our die shop the most expensive machine was the CMM coordinate measuring machine at $150 an hour was all you could charge.
On your old block why sleeves? What bore dia. is it now. I would be interested if not over .080" now.

I will post a few pics. It has come a long way. We found that the intake did not fit so we machined some flanges

Last edited:
Now the intake covers the complete valley

Attachments

• IMG_9785.jpeg
    IMG_9785.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9784.jpeg
    IMG_9784.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9783.jpeg
    IMG_9783.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9780.jpeg
    IMG_9780.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9781.jpeg
    IMG_9781.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9782.jpeg
    IMG_9782.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
I went with original Boss valve covers but I think everything else is aftermarket! The March pulley system did not fit. It was close but required machining. My wife likes it shiny so I left the bling. It's almost ready to run

Attachments

• IMG_0279.jpeg
    IMG_0279.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0278.jpeg
    IMG_0278.jpeg
  • IMG_0277.jpeg
    IMG_0277.jpeg
  • IMG_0280.jpeg
    IMG_0280.jpeg