1973 Mustang Coupe to Convertible Conversion

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice great info on rockers, and seat platforms / lower supports, it the same thing i need to do on mine !

Marc,

I have a rusty 72 vert H code that was loaded with options including P.W., P.S, P.D.B., Air, Tilt, Console, Gages, etc, etc.. I was going to cut all the pieces out that could be swapped to a coupe like you have shown. You have given me a great map to go by. I was considering making a trailer out of the rear of the vert and probably will still do so but do not need the rear seat and top inner reinforcements to do that.

This could happen more often to save work on rusty verts.

You should have invested in the rotisserie first, lol. I found one local that he did not need any more and it has large 12" diameter tires that make it easy to roll out for blasting. Anyone doing a major build like you needs the rotisserie for sure saves so much time and makes it easier.

Great thread and hope to see a finished car soon.

David

Very nice work! I love the thread as I have a 70 vert. that I have to make a decision on soon. It isn't as rusty as yours but still pretty rusty. I do have a rust free 70 coupe but don't know if it is worth it to go that way or do the vert. Biggest problem with the vert. is torque boxes and rear frame rails are pretty rusty. Opinions from someone who has done this would help.

Thanks

Don

Any updates or finished product pics?

Back