• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale 1973 Year Only Part - Tail Panel to Bumper Filler Panel/Stone Deflector

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Stock 1973 Mustang Convertible with a 351C 2v and C6
Modified 1970 Mach 1 M-Code with a 351C 4v Manual
This is one year only 1973 tail panel to bumper filler/stone deflector. Ford extended the rear bumper out and away from the body to meet the new 5-mile-an-hour impact federal regulations. As a result, Ford created the two quarter panel to bumper rubber end fillers, and this part to fill in between the tail panel and the bumper. The one I am selling had some minor damage in the past, so it needs some minor work and a skim coat of filler on top, but very repairable. It is also missing two of the four threaded studs, which I can spot-weld in replacements if you want me to. I Apologize for the pictures, but I had to take them in sections because of the long narrow shape.

I honestly, do not know what it is worth given its rarity and present condition. If you need one, just tell me what it is worth to you and provide your zip code, and I will calculate shipping (I can fit it in a long tube)

Also, I have a set of the quarter panel to bumper rubber end fillers to fill the gap between the Quarter panel and each end of the bumper. They are complete and in good shape. Just need to be stopped and primed.

Finally, I have a pair of the longer one-year-only 73 rear bumper mounting brackets, They are not available in repro and I cannot find them used on eBay. The shorter 71-72 repro's sell for $55. So I you want them just make a fair offer.

I will be driving from Delaware to the Raleigh N.C. in late June. To avoid shipping costs, I would be happy to meet you somewhere near the I-95 Interstate and hand you the parts.

Thanks.

1973 Tail Panel Stone Deflector Composite.jpg

73 Rubber Bumper FIllers.jpg
20230605_104043.jpg

Last edited:
Hi There,

1973 Metal Horizontal Stone Deflector Center Filler - $100 (Missing a few studs and had some damage repaired.)

1973 RH & LH Rear Bumper Mounting Brackets - $150

1973 RH & LH Rear Bumper Rubber Stone Deflector Filler Ends - $100 for the pair (They need to be stripped, but otherwise they are in very good condition)

I think the prices are reasonable for these OEM parts that are not reproduced, but I am open to you making an offer.

Back