2 New MACH 1 Gals

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a great car! Welcome to the site!

::welcome::

WELCOME aboard, Jenny!

Please take some time and check out the different Forums and post up on on any thread that might interest you. There really is a LOT of great information available on the Site relative to our cars.

Again, Welcome!!

BT

Welcome from Nova Scotia, Canada, Eh!

Welcome and nice color and drive train combo

You mention the badly repaired core support.

From the sig pic it also looks like it has a 73 fender.

Years ago when these were hit, it was pretty common to pick up parts at the local bone yard. I've seen quite a few with mis-matched fenders.

I've even see body shops mix them.

The 71-2 urathane bumper won't fit up tight to a 73 fender.

Years ago when these were hit, it was pretty common to pick up parts at the local bone yard. I've seen quite a few with mis-matched fenders.

Hello,

Thanks for comment about fender. Guy we bought from takes blame/credit for mustang script below Mach1 on fender. He says he added. Are there other reasons you say 73 fender and how can I tell? We plan to do significant work on this car and if we have a wrong fender good to find out. We will replace rad shell and inner fender quarter which is beat, but if fender needs to go should do that also. I will look more closely critically at fender.

Thanks,

Jenny

Nice car! I do like the color combination! My boy and I are just finishing up our 72 mach 1 project. We didn't bring it back to original but did a complete tear down and rebuild. I was hoping to come in around 25K when done but came in closer to 35K due to a complete engine, transmission and rear end redo. Two years of work and wouldn't trade the experience for nothing. My two younger boys now want to do one! I have a bunch of pictures of my project on the new members thread.

Hello,

Thanks for comment about fender. Guy we bought from takes blame/credit for mustang script below Mach1 on fender. He says he added. Are there other reasons you say 73 fender and how can I tell? We plan to do significant work on this car and if we have a wrong fender good to find out. We will replace rad shell and inner fender quarter which is beat, but if fender needs to go should do that also. I will look more closely critically at fender.

Thanks,

Jenny
Hi Jenny, the emblem was the first clue.

The fender extension goes down to marker light height

The lip inside of the bumper cut out is the main give-away.

Go look at Barry's [ rocketfoot ] Mach 1's garage pics

There is a good shot of the 71 - 2 fender / bumper cut out.

It's the left side but look at the cut out, there is no lip section.

Hope this helps figure it out, if not let me know and I'll get you some pics

Don

100_3620.JPG

This is back when the bumper was crooked! We still don't have the rubber inserts installed, LOL!

Great to see you on board girls. Nice to see more proof these cars aren't just a "guy thing". Welcome from the Eastcoast of Canada.:)

Interesting, I just found out that I have a 73 front end on my 72. Thanks for the info Don. Will a 72 grill fit into a 73?
Yes, might take some tweaking though

You have a 73 bumper ?

Nice car , blue and argent is one of my favorate color schemes , theres a wealth of info on this sight .

Hey Jenny, welcome aboard from the East Bay!! We have a few Mustang shows coming up here, maybe we'll cross paths!

There having the Goldengate Mustang Nationals in Concord on June 22-24, massive show/weekend. Check it out..

Interesting, I just found out that I have a 73 front end on my 72. Thanks for the info Don. Will a 72 grill fit into a 73?
Yes, might take some tweaking though

You have a 73 bumper ?
Well car is getting ready togo to body. Have 71 dynacorn fenders and extensions. After stripping out interior have poor pass rear floor pan and rusted but still solid front pass floor pan. Heater bypassed and obviously leaked awhile. small amt of surface rust on trunk pan but not heavy at all. We have body just about stripper out but plan to do paint removal with aircraft stripper and sanding as needed.

Thanks for your tip the fenders were 73.

Jenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back