3/4 vinyl

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do you like the appearance of the 3/4 vinyl roof on the FB Mustangs.

• Total voters
Ugh - Is that rendering the look you are going for when the car is finished?

Ray
Um, probably not but it one of about 100 renders I've tossed around. This is from my, "What if" thoughts if Shelby hadn't gotten out of the game.

What if's for this one...

1. Shelby was still on board

2. the oil embargo never happened

3. what if Shinoda and knudsen had remained on board (Iacocca canned the racing budget in '69)

2. Ford birthed a 460 Super Cobra Jet

Does anyone else have any "what if" scenario's that would have made these cars different?
How about if Ford had made a targa roof or T top version of the Mustang?

I played around in photo shop shortening the 71 down to the scale of a Pantera. Looked pretty cool.

On the 3/4 vinyl top I'd toss it. It breaks up the great lines of the 7173 sportroof and distracts your eye. I say the same on the coupe and 7173 Cougar.

I have always thought the 71 fastback was the shape of the Pantera morphed out to accomodate 4 passengers, front engine, etc...

I see the same inspiration in both.

If I ever hit the lotto I'm building a 71 Mach with a rear mounted 351C and zf transaxle. The rear window and surround will be a lift hatch to get to the engine and Trans. Picture looking down through that rear window upon a 351c and transaxle in a 7173! Someone did something on those lines with a 69 mustang basically putting the 69 shell on a gt40 chassis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back