351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the window trim and installed. Restoring the moldings was a lot of work glad that's behind me. Gave it it's first bath and a coat of wax. Pulled my stash of horns out the cabinet. Not one of them work. Not one!

Attachments

• IMG_3360.JPG
    IMG_3360.JPG
    675 KB
  • IMG_3364.JPG
    IMG_3364.JPG
    505.8 KB
  • IMG_3366.JPG
    IMG_3366.JPG
    438.4 KB
  • IMG_3372.JPG
    IMG_3372.JPG
    570.2 KB
  • IMG_3374.JPG
    IMG_3374.JPG
    399.6 KB
  • IMG_3365.JPG
    IMG_3365.JPG
    390.2 KB
Finished the window trim and installed. Restoring the moldings was a lot of work glad that's behind me. Gave it it's first bath and a coat of wax. Pulled my stash of horns out the cabinet. Not one of them work. Not one!
On the horns, keep loosening and tightening the tuning screw while applying power to the horns. I've been able to salvage several horns using this process.

Well it all comes down to this. 15 freaking years it comes down to the sun visors and the horns! With that it's pretty much all put back together. Is it done no. Still need to get the AC charged the widows tinted and front seats reupholstered. At this point I need to take a break to do some house and daily driver maintenance. Plus desert off road season is around the corner. My goal this summer was getting it done enough to enter the Mustangs on the bay San Diego show this Saturday. The theme is 55 years of the Mach 1 and Boss Mustangs.

Attachments

• IMG_3376.JPG
    IMG_3376.JPG
    460.5 KB
  • IMG_3377.JPG
    IMG_3377.JPG
    426.2 KB
  • IMG_3378.JPG
    IMG_3378.JPG
    501 KB
Well it all comes down to this. 15 freaking years it comes down to the sun visors and the horns! With that it's pretty much all put back together. Is it done no. Still need to get the AC charged the widows tinted and front seats reupholstered. At this point I need to take a break to do some house and daily driver maintenance. Plus desert off road season is around the corner. My goal this summer was getting it done enough to enter the Mustangs on the bay San Diego show this Saturday. The theme is 55 years of the Mach 1 and Boss Mustangs.
Your car really turned out great! Sounds like we are both at that point of not done but done enough to enjoy them. I still need to reupholster my seats over the winter and buy the door trim panels but I am driving it as much as I can before the winter sets in here in Chicago.

Nice job with the rear window. One of those jobs that I will have to tackle some day since it is leaking but I really don't want to!

What brand visors are those. I got the tmi and I couldn’t get the metal rod to go in either of them

Ended up painting my stock white ones black.

Your car really turned out great! Sounds like we are both at that point of not done but done enough to enjoy them. I still need to reupholster my seats over the winter and buy the door trim panels but I am driving it as much as I can before the winter sets in here in Chicago.
Thanks I really appreciate it coming from guy that knows first hand what it takes. Your Build is coming out beautiful as well. I've been watching from the beginning and using for inspersion.

Thanks I really appreciate it coming from guy that knows first hand what it takes. Your Build is coming out beautiful as well. I've been watching from the beginning and using for inspersion.
Thanks, I have been following your build as well, and I agree that it is inspiring to watch the progress on another nice build and want to get back to your own and make some progress yourself. I was able to drive my car about 80 miles on the highway round trip today to take it to it's first car show. Last show of the season but I got it to a show this year. It was really satisfying to make (albeit barely) my goal of getting it running and driving and take it to a show this year. 😁

Thanks, I have been following your build as well, and I agree that it is inspiring to watch the progress on another nice build and want to get back to your own and make some progress yourself. I was able to drive my car about 80 miles on the highway round trip today to take it to it's first car show. Last show of the season but I got it to a show this year. It was really satisfying to make (albeit barely) my goal of getting it running and driving and take it to a show this year. 😁
More parallels of our builds. Stand by I'm downloading pics from my camera to post this weekend event.

All summer my goal was to make the Mustangs on the Bay show in San Diego. Well I maid it! What a fun day it was. Perfect weather. Oh it's San Diego the weather is always perfect. An awesome turn out of Stangs. There was nineteen 69-73 Mach 1s entered so I new I didn't have a chance against the 6970s but I didn't care I was just happy to be there. My wife and I where just sitting watching people receiving there awards when they said the next category is "Favorite Engine Bay" My wife turns to me and says "You got this babe" She barely got it out when they called out Mike M and his beautiful 71 Mach 1. WHAT!! are kidding me! One I sat back down my wife says I told you so haha! I'll tell you what I was so proud to be recognized for all my effort I put in the damn thing. We had a great drive home.

Attachments

• IMG_3380.JPG
    IMG_3380.JPG
    734.7 KB
  • IMG_3381.JPG
    IMG_3381.JPG
    661.2 KB
  • IMG_3387.JPG
    IMG_3387.JPG
    776.3 KB
  • IMG_3412.JPG
    IMG_3412.JPG
    844.1 KB
  • IMG_3413.JPG
    IMG_3413.JPG
    581.9 KB
  • IMG_3415.JPG
    IMG_3415.JPG
    497.5 KB
  • IMG_3417.JPG
    IMG_3417.JPG
    378.4 KB
All summer my goal was to make the Mustangs on the Bay show in San Diego. Well I maid it! What a fun day it was. Perfect weather. Oh it's San Diego the weather is always perfect. An awesome turn out of Stangs. There was nineteen 69-73 Mach 1s entered so I new I didn't have a chance against the 6970s but I didn't care I was just happy to be there. My wife and I where just sitting watching people receiving there awards when they said the next category is "Favorite Engine Bay" My wife turns to me and says "You got this babe" She barely got it out when they called out Mike M and his beautiful 71 Mach 1. WHAT!! are kidding me! One I sat back down my wife says I told you so haha! I'll tell you what I was so proud to be recognized for all my effort I put in the damn thing. We had a great drive home.
That's awesome that you met your goal and got your Mustang to that show! Your car is stunning, and it is quite fitting that you won the award you did. I feel it is so fulfilling to build a car and have others appreciate all of the blood, sweat and tears you placed into it!

Back