351C ram air

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some advice please:

Have somebody a vacuum schematic for a 1973 ram-air system ?

What's missing in this set from Don for a working ram-air system? (Bi-metal sensor, other things ... )

Thanks,

Eddy

Some advice please:

What's missing in this set from Don for a working ram-air system? (Bi-metal sensor, other things ... )

Thanks,

Eddy
Hope this helps, I take pics of my set up if that helps. (I think it's right LOL)

ramainconnectionsjpg.jpg

You'll need this sensor if you don't already have one.

aircleaner.jpg

That's all I can think of. By the way unless you have the stock intake or a low profile aftermarket one like an Edelbrock Performer all your effort may be for nothing, if you have a higher intake you won't be able to close the hood.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gone use this setup:

-Edelbrock intake manifold"performer-4V"

-1" spacer

-Carb.Holley Street avenger 4V-670CFM

Some advice please:

Thanks,

Eddy
Hope this helps, I take pics of my set up if that helps. (I think it's right LOL)

That's all I can think of. By the way unless you have the stock intake or a low profile aftermarket one like an Edelbrock Performer all your effort may be for nothing, if you have a higher intake you won't be able to close the hood.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gone use this setup:

-1" spacer

Some advice please:

Thanks,

Eddy

Jim
You "may" have to remove the spacer to get the clearance you need.

Thanks Jim for reply.

::thumb::

quote=Jim and Jutta;163845]

I'm gone use this setup:

-1" spacer

Jim
You "may" have to remove the spacer to get the clearance you need.

You only need the bi-metal vac sensor if you want the snorkle door to switch to heat riser tube opening for cold weather start ups

Does anybody have a source for the vacuum actuators? Mine came with the "hood side" (plenum, ducts, flappers, and actuators), which are all fine. Well, I have no idea if the flapper actuators work or not.

All I need to have mine back together is the air cleaner base, seal, vac lines, vac port for the engine, and new actuators. I see that OMS's '71-'73 Ram Air, Air Cleaner Base (P/N: 3641QX) has an actuator on it... meaning that I would still need 2 more for the flappers.

Otherwise, I'll just block the air horn on the air cleaner base and have full-time Ram Air... along with cleaning up the existing actuators (working or not) and running the vac lines so it at least 'looks' proper. ;)

Whaddaya say, Don? Are there any actuators to be had? :huh:

Does anybody have a source for the vacuum actuators? Mine came with the "hood side" (plenum, ducts, flappers, and actuators), which are all fine. Well, I have no idea if the flapper actuators work or not.

All I need to have mine back together is the air cleaner base, seal, vac lines, vac port for the engine, and new actuators. I see that OMS's '71-'73 Ram Air, Air Cleaner Base (P/N: 3641QX) has an actuator on it... meaning that I would still need 2 more for the flappers.

Otherwise, I'll just block the air horn on the air cleaner base and have full-time Ram Air... along with cleaning up the existing actuators (working or not) and running the vac lines so it at least 'looks' proper. ;)

Hard to find lately

Since the plenum came out the company making actuator pods quit.

Leave the one on your snorkle non working - you don't need it anyways put a bit of silicone in the vac hose to block it off.

On the hood either leave them open or buy the new plenun for parts

Hard to find lately

Since the plenum came out the company making actuator pods quit.

Leave the one on your snorkle non working - you don't need it anyways put a bit of silicone in the vac hose to block it off.

On the hood either leave them open or buy the new plenun for parts
Thanks, Don! I'll be in touch soon - there's still lots more stuff I need to have on-hand for when I get it back from the painter. :D

Back