429 c6

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevemach1ford

Reaction score
My Car
71 mach1 with 429
if anyone has any ideas they are all welcome im looking for a drive shaft for 429 to c6 the megasite gives me dimensions but thats all also i have frame mounts and motor mounts but cannot find isolators or does anyone know if i really need them. i have thought of buying one of the used nascar drive shafts and have it cut but by then probably buy a real one ???? thanks for any advice

You can go through Strange, or go direct to Inland empire driveshaft or Denny's driveshaft. Pick your material and pay. Or you can check the used market and install new u-joints. You have a world of choices.

I had Denny's Driveshaft make mine. It was a couple years ago, but I believe it was around $400 for a steel one, up to 700hp. They give you directions on how to measure everything, etc. When I get ahold of a TKO 600, guess I'll be having another one made.

HI,

you can buy the rubber isolater from Napa special parts. If you have the metal part that bolts to the block and the metal part that bolts to the frame, you have the hard to get parts. We swapped in a 429 in our 71, the isolator is the easy part, probably NPD and lots more have it.

Jenny

if anyone has any ideas they are all welcome im looking for a drive shaft for 429 to c6 the megasite gives me dimensions but thats all also i have frame mounts and motor mounts but cannot find isolators or does anyone know if i really need them. i have thought of buying one of the used nascar drive shafts and have it cut but by then probably buy a real one ???? thanks for any advice
I have a drive shaft & I have the entire motor mount set up from the block to the front cross member I'd be willing to sell They came out of my 429 c6 car

101_0417.JPG101_0418.JPG

I have a drive shaft & I have the entire motor mount set up from the block to the front cross member I'd be willing to sell They came out of my 429 c6 car
how much for the drive shaft i got lucky and bought the frame mounts for a hundred and the isolators they say i can get from napa but im def interested in the shaft

HI,

you can buy the rubber isolater from Napa special parts. If you have the metal part that bolts to the block and the metal part that bolts to the frame, you have the hard to get parts. We swapped in a 429 in our 71, the isolator is the easy part, probably NPD and lots more have it.

Jenny
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Item #D1ZZ-6038

67-73 MOTOR MOUNT 390/427/428/429

Motor mount for 67-70 390/427/428 and 71-UP 429. Each, fits left hand or right hand. Price: $39.95

Back