429 Ram Air? for sale.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe the bumper is wrong for a 71.......stock exhaust manifolds though, as the heat tube is sticking up in the engine compartment....

BDK
Both bumpers look correct to me.

Well as usual my timing is excellent. After being for sale for at least 3 yrs according to another member the car now is tentatively sold. They have accepted a deposit on a deal pending the long distance customer arriving with his trade.

I did garner some info from the person on the phone, who spoke unaccented english by the way. I guess there are some english left in Quebec that the language police haven't chassed away.

The car was a one owner, originally sold locally and other than a repaint is in original condition. It has a little over 48K miles on it.

The asking price was $59,900 and according to the salesman the ram air air cleaner was stolen off the car just before they aquired it and they attached a regular air cleaner to "protect the carb and make the car driveable".

It is a true Mach 1 J code with the vin beginning with 1F05J.

He further addded that the "project car" portion of the add was a function of the Auto Trader online form and that the car actually needs no work other than the missing air cleaner.

Further about the dual clock setup, I did some net surfing and found another car with exactly the same setup, dash clock, trip odometer, triple guage and lower console clock. So I guess that it is definatley possible to have come from the factory that way.

I have left my name and number just in case the deal falls through.

My 71 came with the dash clock and 3 gauges with full console but has a clock delete plate in place of the console clock

Missing hood pins,,Yup it's a project car..

Clock delete plate.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back