429 SCJ Carburetor question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a 1970 SCJ Torino Drag Pack 4spd.
It was ordered in Aug. of 69 and bucked first week in Sept.
I just rebuilt my Holley this year and mine did not have holes in the throttle plates.
Everything is original, I even have the original tires.

I own a 1970 SCJ Torino Drag Pack 4spd.
It was ordered in Aug. of 69 and bucked first week in Sept.
I just rebuilt my Holley this year and mine did not have holes in the throttle plates.
Everything is original, I even have the original tires.
Maybe early production models didn’t have it, could have been a mid year production change. I don’t know what the production date of my car was.
I was looking on eBay, there’s seven of these carbs, both auto and 4 spd versions and 4 of them showed pictures of the throttle plates and they all had holes. If the early production models didn’t have them, that would make yours extremely rare.
I would like to see pictures of your car if you don’t mind. I really like them. I had lots of fun with mine, that was back when Friday and Saturday nights were cruise nights. Attached is what mine looked like, keep in mind instamatic cameras sucked._storage_emulated_0_DCIM_1975-1987 Cars_WP_20170521_006.jpeg_storage_emulated_0_DCIM_1975-1987 Cars_20190313_234928.jpeg

Back