429 z bar bracket

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71Rustang

Reaction score
My Car
71 Boss 302 Trans Am ,race car
Hello,Does any body know if new/repo engine side 429 z bar pivot brackets are made or can be found?when I do see them (ebay) the people always list it also fits Boss 429 and then want enough money to retire on and sent there kids to collage.If not I will just build one.

Chris

Hello,Does any body know if new/repo engine side 429 z bar pivot brackets are made or can be found?when I do see them (ebay) the people always list it also fits Boss 429 and then want enough money to retire on and sent there kids to collage.If not I will just build one.

Chris
Don't ya love it when they do that. One of the reasons fleabay drives me nuts these days. Common parts that fit multiple models but listed for a specialty vehicle so they can jack up the price.

they don't repo these on our years and especially the 429. i did see in an old website that somebody had a company make copies and made extra. he sold the extra ones.

there is always the hydraulic or cable set ups that work.

Hi again, I have to give a big no on hydro or cable set ups,dont like them /cost to much and they always use parts that are never at the auto parts store.The bell bracket is the only piece that I do not have.Looks like I will just build one.Thank you anyways.

Chris

Actually, if you contact the guys at Modern Driveline, they can easily hook you up with a cable setup. It wasn't that expensive, it was easy to get, and I don't have to worry about fitment issues with headers or anything.

Rustang,

I was able to slightly modify a standard 351 C bell crank and used all the standard 351 C parts for my 460 & toploader installation.

It was fairly easy if you have fabrication skills. I removed the arm for the lower clutch rod (throw out bearing arm), refabricated a new arm out of flat stock. I then installed the assembly in the car with the arm loose, tacked it in place under the car it the required location & re-weld.

It has worked perfectly.

Thanks, Jay

Hello again,Building and modifing is the way to go as I see it.Thank you all for ideas .

Back