64 Falcon Futura Vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
I found a 64 Falcon Futura Convertible while I was traveling this week. It has a 260 and 2 speed auto. Teal green & black interior & top. Needs floors, paint & top but pretty solid car and really good interior.

I'm pretty sure I'll get it so my 65 Mustang vert will have a cousin in the garage beside it. I'm excited because it it an original v-8 car. Woohoo!

I also found a Studebaker President I'm seriously considering. That is one fine looking car!..needs restoration but is complete.

What I really need to be considering is a new garage and changing my name to Don Leno.

Last edited by a moderator:
That does sound pretty cool! I knew you would find another convertible!

I saw a nice 1951 Studebaker Champion with the suicide rear doors for sale at the Fathers Day Show. It was priced at $3,900, which I thought was a good price for the apparent good condition it was in.

Here are the pics if your interested. The phone number is in the pic too.

DSCF1196.jpg

DSCF1197.jpg

DSCF1198.jpg

DSCF1199.jpg

Not exactly the 71-73 vert I was thinking of but with so many Machs that will be in the family maybe the Falcon will be just the ticket as the car I fix up for my daughter. The plan is to fix up a really cool car for each kid (with their extensive help) to drive and it will still be cheaper than getting them a $10-12k Honda...and their car's value will hold steady or increase. I've been on a buying spree because next year I'll have the oldest in college and with that expense I won't have the $ to spend buying the car.

The Stude Champion looks really cool. With all the cars I'm doing for the kids, I'd like to surprise my wife by doing a car for her for our anniversary next year. I can sneak it in the garage and she'd never know the wiser since she never goes into the garage or basement. She just sends the kids down there to find me. The Stude Speedster definitely has a good sports car look that I know she would like.

Not exactly the 71-73 vert I was thinking of but with so many Machs that will be in the family maybe the Falcon will be just the ticket as the car I fix up for my daughter. The plan is to fix up a really cool car for each kid (with their extensive help) to drive and it will still be cheaper than getting them a $10-12k Honda...and their car's value will hold steady or increase. I've been on a buying spree because next year I'll have the oldest in college and with that expense I won't have the $ to spend buying the car.

The Stude Champion looks really cool. With all the cars I'm doing for the kids, I'd like to surprise my wife by doing a car for her for our anniversary next year. I can sneak it in the garage and she'd never know the wiser since she never goes into the garage or basement. She just sends the kids down there to find me. The Stude Speedster definitely has a good sports car look that I know she would like.
Your right about spending now before they get into college; all four of our kids are in college! The oldest just started her 5th year to get her masters; but most of that one is on her. She is also engaged to get married next June and move to Alabama!

Back