71-3 Tail Light Lenses Dennis Carpenter Repoped

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we know if anybody makes/sells just the lens part? My bezels are fine, but I have some cracks in the driver side lens. Probably best to just replace both at the same time as well.

Do we know if anybody makes/sells just the lens part? My bezels are fine, but I have some cracks in the driver side lens. Probably best to just replace both at the same time as well.

You´ll probably end up with two different colors or one will be more opaque than the other if you only replace one.

Those are awesome, Don. But mine's a '71 and my bezels are fine - just need the lenses.

Of course, if I ever decide to replace the whole assembly, you know I'll go through you. ::thumb::

Those are awesome, Don. But mine's a '71 and my bezels are fine - just need the lenses.

Of course, if I ever decide to replace the whole assembly, you know I'll go through you. ::thumb::
So buy the pair from the Ebay site and request a pair that is not yet glued together. Keep the lenses and sell the bezels...I'll give you $30. for the bezels as I'm doing some experimenting on a tail light bezel modification.

I was just wondering if there were any lenses without bezels to be had. I'm not actually ready to replace mine, just yet. ;)

I posted a link to this a few months back. I ordered a set and the defect was that there was a tiny amount of glue on the lens in a spot. Pulled off with my finger and nothing wrong. The lens is exactly the same the Ford logo and numbers are on the back up light center exactly like original. Color perfect aluminum shinny. I liked them so good I ordered another set and ask for the ones that have the aluminum trim loose as stated in the ad. The reason I did that was so I can mask and paint for my 72 Q vert. They came and as they said the aluminum trim was not attached. When they melted the little studs it did not hold. So now it is much easier to mask off and paint then I will use probably 3-M contact to put them back on and solder iron to melt the plastic in the holes.

I also ordered the seconds in the console lid. You have to get 3" away to see what the defect is also a great buy and exactly like the original. I also got some of the door end seals off their seconds list.

The truth is their seconds are probably better than Ford's service parts. When we made parts for Ford we kept the parts that were not the best and sent them to service, lol. That is how we go rid of our line rejects. Still happens today I am sure.

i just bought a complete set from CJPony. They look ok out right out of the box, but i haven't given them a good look over or installed yet.

They say they are from Ford tooling .

http://www.cjponyparts.com/taillight-bezel-and-lens-ford-tooling-1971-1973/p/TLB7/

They also say that if you want them to be 71-72 that you have to do your own black paint over the aluminum :p
Yes but Cj buys them from Carpenter. He has inside deal getting Fords tooling. Still cheaper to go with Carpenter.

i just bought a complete set from CJPony. They look ok out right out of the box, but i haven't given them a good look over or installed yet.

They say they are from Ford tooling .

http://www.cjponyparts.com/taillight-bezel-and-lens-ford-tooling-1971-1973/p/TLB7/

They also say that if you want them to be 71-72 that you have to do your own black paint over the aluminum :p
Yes but Cj buys them from Carpenter. He has inside deal getting Fords tooling. Still cheaper to go with Carpenter.
They are NOT Ford tooling. Daniel Carpenter made the tooling for the bezel.

CJ's has the same ones I have for 94.95

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=2064

They make them in China or off shore I know, Carpenter. I will have to look at the parts for Tooling marks that match the original. I was an Automotive Tooling Engineer and we made parts for Ford and many others. I can tell if it was original tooling. I have bought the grills for 73 and they are definitely the original Ford tooling same tool marks everywhere, you can see the cutter marks. The lens tooling has much better finish will have to look closer.

I would buy the seconds they are a deal and you have to be within a couple inches to see defect and you can clean most off. No judge will ever look that close.

Back