71 Alternator Wiring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danoreilly

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach1 351C 4V
02 Deluxe Convertible
67 Fairlane GT 390
Which wires go to what terminal on the stock Autolite alternator on a 351C in a 71 Mach 1? When I took mine off for my engine rebuild, I forgot to label which of the 2 wires went to what terminal.

Thanks!

Which wires go to what terminal on the stock Autolite alternator on a 351C in a 71 Mach 1? When I took mine off for my engine rebuild, I forgot to label which of the 2 wires went to what terminal.

Thanks!
There is a wiring diagram under the data or more tab at the top of the page.

Thanks!
There is a wiring diagram under the data or more tab at the top of the page.
I have the diagrams. What I need is an actual picture of the wires hooked up. The only thing I'm sure about is the stator post, as I'm using that to power the electric choke on my carburetor. The problem is, that big black ground block attaches somehow, and I can't figure out the exact orientation of it so the other wires reach their terminals.

Call it a "senior moment". I must have hooked up a dozen of these, and just can't remember how. That's all that's keeping me from firing up my freshly-overhauled motor.

Back