Mach 1 Engine compartment color 73

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Mustang Mach 1 Fastback 1973
Hey guys, I'm in the process of restoring the engine compartment to the way it was when it was delivered in February '73.

In the process, I came across several pictures, unfortunately often only with air conditioning, but I own a Mach 1 without air conditioning.

Can you tell me what colors the pulleys, the brackets for the alternator and the servo pump are in the original?

Also, the dome stabilizer plates?

More pictures could, of course, also help.

Thank you so much
Ben

On my 71, I used and recommend Eastwood 2K ceramic under hood black paint, Chassis black for frame and other stuff. I have also used Duplicolor semi-gloss black lacquer on the pump and pulleys, fast drying and durable.
The shock caps I did with Eastwood Silver Cadmium as well as the vacuum motor on the snorkel. The hood spring I just clear coated. The caps and spring were not painted, but I can't get the chemicals in Ontario to do it right. It looks pdg to anyone looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0657 (3).JPG
    IMG_0657 (3).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
On my 71, I used and recommend Eastwood 2K ceramic under hood black paint, Chassis black for frame and other stuff. I have also used Duplicolor semi-gloss black lacquer on the pump and pulleys, fast drying and durable.
The shock caps I did with Eastwood Silver Cadmium as well as the vacuum motor on the snorkel. The hood spring I just clear coated. The caps and spring were not painted, but I can't get the chemicals in Ontario to do it right. It looks pdg to anyone looking.
Looks amazing!

Back