71 and 72 fenders are different from the 73 fenders.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patriot2007

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach1 302 4v c4 8inch rear lots of rust and a 71 parts car
I was reading a thread, and Lazarus said the 71 and 72 fenders are different from the 73 fenders. He was right. I didn't know that they are different. Here's a picture, 71 is on the left and 73 is on the right.
P1320087.jpg the right.

Yup. It has to do with the 73 impact bumper shape. They are significantly larger than the previous year bumpers.

Yes they are different, great picture. Now don’t even get started about putting 71-2 bumpers on a 73 😳
Yeah, I don't want to put a 71 bumper on my 73. But now I'm not sure what to do. I was hoping the 71s would work because the 73s are in bad shape. Should I sell the 71s and try to find a new pair of 73s or should I try to modify the 71s; any ideas?

Yeah, I don't want to put a 71 bumper on my 73. But now I'm not sure what to do. I was hoping the 71s would work because the 73s are in bad shape. Should I sell the 71s and try to find a new pair of 73s or should I try to modify the 71s; any ideas?
Easiest thing would be to use your 71 fenders and 71 bumper on your 73 since you already own them

Does your 71 have an painted bumper or is it chrome? I think if you have a chrome bumper the 73 would look odd with out the painted bumper. I would recommend selling the 71 fenders and buying 73 fenders.

My thought was to add 71 urethane bumper to the 71 fenders
That would look good if that is what his 71 parts car has, otherwise my concern is can they find one in good condition. I myself would buy a straight one if I ever came across one, rather than figure out how to straighten the dent in my bumper. I just haven't found a nice one for a price I can afford yet.

My 71 parts car has the mounts but no bumper, and I don't want the 71 look, to me the 73 looks better. But thanks for the help I will see what I can do.

Back