1973 Hood front edge trim - part number, and is it different than 71 - 72?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Q code 4spd Mach 1
Hi all,

My '73 Q code Mach 1 is currently in the body shop for paint. This has been a 30 year project (purchased in 1994) and I've lost a few things in the last move. One of those was the hood front edge trim piece. My memory might be wrong, but isn't the '73 piece different than the 71 - 72? I know the fender extensions for '73 have their own part number... Searched around online the last couple nights and haven't found a real answer.

Anyone know? I need to get a new one and the repop ones don't seem to be that good. Thanks in advance!

John

My parts car was a 72. I had no problem at all putting the hood trim piece on my 73 hood.

The fender trim pieces are different because the vertical leg is a different length between 72 and 73. The top side and mounting bosses are the same.

The repo ones I've seen are not made right on the ends. They are straight cut and should have a slight angle cut. Chuck

Yes, I recently took my new repop trim off my car a 73), because I could not get the hood to align anywhere close. Beside the problem with the ends not being at the angle of the hood, the piece cannot be adusted from side to side. So, for now, I remove it until I have time to correct, aka, cut the ends off and remake them to work. Get an original if you can find one. Try Motorcity Mustang, that guy has everything.

Back