• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

71 Boss 351, One Owner, to be sold on Mecum Auto Auction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim & Jutta-

I totally agree, some of the modifications I've seen guys on this site have made to their cars are amazing but it's nice to have access to such a knowledgeable group of guys in helping to determine what modifications have been made, especially if it's your intent to buy as original as possible. I don't think it was anyone's intent to be disrespectful to owner of the 71 Boss by pointing out modifications, I love that car and wouldn't change a thing if it was mine but it's good know information if your bidding on it and want it 100% original.
{Thumbs up} I know i learned alot being on here...Knowing alot about these cars tring to research my own..I thought i seen it all...Ya right!! I keep being blown away on this site and the information that comes threw it ...Im still thou..Tring to decode my car lol...That damn J code has me stumped to this day..lol..It was after marti report couldnt decode all of my car that i finaly got on this site...My marti report did not tell me my car was ordered with dual sport mirrors...Even know my buck tag said it did..I thought some one stuck some funky mirrors on my car sence they didnt match alot of mach 1's at the show..But the good folks on this forum was able to inform me one code was dual sport mirrors...In 15 years of doing my own paper work...I have learned more on this site about 71-73 mustangs than in all of my life as a fan and owner..lol
The marti report probably would not list sport mirrors on a Mach 1 as they were standard and not an option.

Jim & Jutta-

I totally agree, some of the modifications I've seen guys on this site have made to their cars are amazing but it's nice to have access to such a knowledgeable group of guys in helping to determine what modifications have been made, especially if it's your intent to buy as original as possible. I don't think it was anyone's intent to be disrespectful to owner of the 71 Boss by pointing out modifications, I love that car and wouldn't change a thing if it was mine but it's good know information if your bidding on it and want it 100% original.
{Thumbs up} I know i learned alot being on here...Knowing alot about these cars tring to research my own..I thought i seen it all...Ya right!! I keep being blown away on this site and the information that comes threw it ...Im still thou..Tring to decode my car lol...That damn J code has me stumped to this day..lol..It was after marti report couldnt decode all of my car that i finaly got on this site...My marti report did not tell me my car was ordered with dual sport mirrors...Even know my buck tag said it did..I thought some one stuck some funky mirrors on my car sence they didnt match alot of mach 1's at the show..But the good folks on this forum was able to inform me one code was dual sport mirrors...In 15 years of doing my own paper work...I have learned more on this site about 71-73 mustangs than in all of my life as a fan and owner..lol
The marti report probably would not list sport mirrors on a Mach 1 as they were standard and not an option.
awww i see...ansered that one..hehe..see keep learning something new each day......Now if you or anyone can.."please please "..figure this one code out..tell me what it means...lol...this is my factory warranty card...I cant get a anser on it at all...lol..Its not a miss print either...Its something warranty on my car...But god knows what J means...lol

Btw Marti could not decode this one...We even sent him the same photo...with out the vin covered up of cource..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
hyena429,

To assist in your research, please list each avenue you have already pursued.

And include the results or comments made by each.

Then maybe someone can help further - in a new direction.

I have been fairly successful in the past and enjoy a challenge.

If you 'weave' the fragments/pieces of the information, it makes it easier

to get a good answer.

Good luck!

Ray

hyena429,

To assist in your research, please list each avenue you have already pursued.

And include the results or comments made by each.

Then maybe someone can help further - in a new direction.

I have been fairly successful in the past and enjoy a challenge.

If you 'weave' the fragments/pieces of the information, it makes it easier

to get a good answer.

Good luck!

Ray
I used just about every information source i could find on mustangs..From restore folks...To mustang judges...mustang decode sites...Emaling experts.....Finaly i thought marti report would give me most..I got the full report..I even went as far as tring to hunt down the original car dealer ship It went under back in the 70's...They orderd my car as stock...For a show room floor or display usualy...With power windows and a ton of options...Not usualy the kinda car a dealership would order as show room stock so late in production...By the time they rolled my car out the mustang ii where ready...lol

I posted on all the mustang forums at one time or anothere...I been looking for infomation on it for the last 15 years....I didnt think it would be that hard to decode it...Sence all the codes still there on the car...im thinking ford stuck some late option...Like the funky old mustang ii style alarm system it has on it...And decided to warranty it..But sence some one never claimed it...it was lost too history...But im not sure...But its somthing major that was warranty on my car..."drive train paint interior" Or whatever....Maybe its just a code for the factory vnyl top...I dont know..Im jsut throwing darts at this point in time...I would say the only report i havent paid for yet..Is the Emminger Report...Im getting close!! But this J code...From what i been told...Has never been seen on this year of mustang warranty plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
hyena429,

WOW. I was hoping to find some "stone unturned" to maybe help you look under! Can't see one from here!!!

You have obviously done some serious homework. My only other suggestion would be to try to build interest with a magazine editor like Mustang Monthly's Donald Farr or Jim Smart. Gather as much info as you have and organize it as best you can. Then see id they would be interested. It is a long shot but it would make for some good reading if they could use some of their connections to help you decipher this (VERY) mysterious code.

Maybe someone here has a direct line to a similar connection!

Just an idea - wish I could help more... best of luck!!!!!

Ray

hyena429,

WOW. I was hoping to find some "stone unturned" to maybe help you look under! Can't see one from here!!!

You have obviously done some serious homework. My only other suggestion would be to try to build interest with a magazine editor like Mustang Monthly's Donald Farr or Jim Smart. Gather as much info as you have and organize it as best you can. Then see id they would be interested. It is a long shot but it would make for some good reading if they could use some of their connections to help you decipher this (VERY) mysterious code.

Maybe someone here has a direct line to a similar connection!

Just an idea - wish I could help more... best of luck!!!!!

Ray
Good idea ..proably the only thing i havent done yet...lol...Its just kills and boogles my mind why i cant decode it my self...lol.

Back