71 C4 into 72 that had FMX

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Base 6 cylinder, and 72 Base 351C
Starting on my project! The 72 I am building has a 351C with an FMX trans. I am going to put a 351W into it, and using the C4 from a 71.

When I pulled the C4 out, I forgot to unhook the wires in the side for the neutral safety switch, and ripped them. I will order a new switch. I just got the 72 in the garage last night, and didn't notice any wires on the FMX. It was late, and didn't look too far. Is there wiring for the C4 to plug into properly? I see in the catalog there are different switches for C4 and FMX. Will the C4 plug in ok?

This is just a random thought while at work, lol, like I said I just got the car in the garage, and thinking about it didn't see any wires, but wasn't really looking for them last night. Thanks! Earl

Starting on my project! The 72 I am building has a 351C with an FMX trans. I am going to put a 351W into it, and using the C4 from a 71.

When I pulled the C4 out, I forgot to unhook the wires in the side for the neutral safety switch, and ripped them. I will order a new switch. I just got the 72 in the garage last night, and didn't notice any wires on the FMX. It was late, and didn't look too far. Is there wiring for the C4 to plug into properly? I see in the catalog there are different switches for C4 and FMX. Will the C4 plug in ok?

This is just a random thought while at work, lol, like I said I just got the car in the garage, and thinking about it didn't see any wires, but wasn't really looking for them last night. Thanks! Earl
The switch for the FMX is inside of the shifter in the car

Last edited by a moderator:

The switch for the FMX is inside of the shifter in the car
Is the plug on the wiring harness on the car with the FMX the same as the C4, so it will plug in? And I haven't checked your site yet, do you carry the C4 switch? Gotta get an order together :) Thanks, Earl EDIT I see you do have them in stock, if they will plug in to the 72 harness ok I will get an order around for this and some odds and ends in the next week or so. Thanks, Earl

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back