71 Finally Painted

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow what a mod move over Eleanor here comes Boss 521. Were sorry for your loss with Kirk.

That IS an absolutely awesome car, and the work done to get it there is definitely top-shelf.

But I still just can't get into the new trend of gigantic wheels and being slammed - not on the fastbacks, anyway. Coupes and 'Verts... sure - I'll bet the same treatment on a 'vert would be absolutely nasty. Suffice it to say, I would take this over the Pegasus project car hands down.

I can't disagree with the huge wheel look. We tried to go with 18s all the way around with a tall sidewall in the rear. This is the first time we have put a 20 on a Mustang; hopefully the last.

Suffice it to say, I would take this over the Pegasus project car hands down.
Make that +1! This is really the best mod job on a 71-73 Mustang I have seen so far. Absolutely perfect. I kinda like the wheels, though I would have stayed with 18 inch max too. I got 18s on mine all around and I would not go any bigger on mine either.

But that is only a small detail that does by no means diminish the overall perfect appearance of that car.

This being said, I wanna say that I am sorry for your loss. I did not get the chance to say that until now.

I saw this car in person at the Houston Auto Rama. Words do not do it justice. While there are some mods that aren't my taste, the workmanship and presentation are top notch. My hat is off to the folks at Vintage Upgrades and my sincerest condolences to Kirk Townsend's family in their loss. Kirk passed at the tender young age of 48 and while I didn't know him, he was a fellow Mustanger and that makes us all family. I know he will be missed greatly but some of his legacy lives on thru this fantastic example of a Mustang.

Fellow Mustanger and Houstonian,

Curtis D.

RacerX

Last edited by a moderator:
Back