71 hood and spoiler

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
69 mustang
Can someone tell me why some 1971 non boss 351 Mustangs have front spoilers ?  and what about hood lock downs ?

how could you get them from the factory ??

I know they could be added

Thanks

The front spoiler was standard and ONLY available on the Boss 351 as a production installed item. But it was also available as a  service part and sold in great numbers both as a dealer installed item and a over the counter part. It's almost strange to see a Mustang without one now!

The twist style hood locks were included with the ram air option which also included the black or argent accent paint on the hood. A different style accent paint treatment was on the Boss 351 which had ram air as standard.The above info pertains to 71-72 Mustangs.

In 73 you could order ram air with the "H" code 351C which included the 71-72 style hood accent paint and hood locks. There was also a 73 only Tu-Tone Hood Paint option which included a non functional Ram Air style hood with black or argent accent hood paint and the twist style hood locks.

Can someone tell me why some 1971 non boss 351 Mustangs have front spoilers ?  and what about hood lock downs ?

how could you get them from the factory ??

I know they could be added

Thanks
thank you

What Steve did not tell you was how expensive the TuTone hood and locks were in 1973. I had to pay a whopping $18.00 more to get on my original Mach 1. Now who would not pay $18.00 for the black out and locks? When I finished my order for my car it had $1,954.90 in options added. The base price for the Mach 1 was only $3,088 that was sticker price not invoice.

David

Latest posts

Back