71 Mach 1 Restoration in South Dakota

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agraff55

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Hi All,

I have been using the forum for some time now as a resource for my restoration project and thought I ought to officially join the party. My name is Adam and I am currently in the middle of a restoration project on my 1971 Mach 1 H Code. My dad, who passed away 9 years ago, bought this car used straight out of high school in 1973 for $3000 (I wish that's all it cost to restore it... haha). It had sat in storage since the late 1980's and was in need of a full restoration. I started messing with it some about 10 years ago, but would say I really started the project in earnest during the COVID pandemic in 2020. I am currently in the reassembly phase and hope to have the car on the road this coming summer (fingers crossed).

I plan on posting in the "project build" thread with some pictures, etc. Glad to be a part of the group and hope I am able to use some of the lessons I learned the hard way to help out other auto restoration novices!

Adam

Welcome from Chicago! I look forward to seeing some of your pics as I am also in the middle of a 71 Mach 1 H-code car (M-code engine) restoration. I have a build thread already on my car, I find it's a good way to see the progress for yourself as well. Sometimes you can lose sight of how much you actually have accomplished in the middle of a long term build.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have been using the forum for some time now as a resource for my restoration project and thought I ought to officially join the party. My name is Adam and I am currently in the middle of a restoration project on my 1971 Mach 1 H Code. My dad, who passed away 9 years ago, bought this car used straight out of high school in 1973 for $3000 (I wish that's all it cost to restore it... haha). It had sat in storage since the late 1980's and was in need of a full restoration. I started messing with it some about 10 years ago, but would say I really started the project in earnest during the COVID pandemic in 2020. I am currently in the reassembly phase and hope to have the car on the road this coming summer (fingers crossed).

I plan on posting in the "project build" thread with some pictures, etc. Glad to be a part of the group and hope I am able to use some of the lessons I learned the hard way to help out other auto restoration novices!

Adam
Welcome from another '71 Mach1 in progress in the wonderful South Dakota location. Looks like mine is headed for final paint very soon.

Latest posts

Back