72 351 HO Fender Decal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dealers would do about anything to a car to sell it! I remember when the 1982 Mustangs first came out the automotive press went crazy - probably because Ford had a huge marketing budget! :D There had been a serious lack of power in Mustangs since 1972. The '82 GT was placed on the front of a magazine that read, "The BOSS is BACK". We bought one of the first GT's in OKC. The dealer soon put a decal package on the cars that placed Boss 302 stickers in different configurations on the cars. Luckily ours was 100% stock. Very fun and balanced little cars for their day!!!!!

These pics show a car just like ours. BTW it was my sister's car but I drove it about a month when it was new to 'check it out' and make sure it didn't need anything! :cool:

Ray
my first new car was 1982 Mustang GT, same color (med cabernet) with factory sunroof and metal louvers. Still miss that car. Will get another one someday.

Ray,

My drugs quit working yesterday and I was down to the wire on buying a really nice 1984 20th. anniversary mustang. I have the NOS stripes for sale on eBay and was just looking see what was out there and the car came up. I checked for recent sold and it had sold last month but it was a fake buyer just play bidding. So I checked the current high bidder and he was just a player 109 bids on cars in last 30 days and no buys. All brands must make him feel good to bid. So I contacted the seller by text and offered him $2,500 if the bidder backed out so he would pay no sellers eBay fees. He was going to take my deal since the bid was only $2,800 with an hour to go. Thank goodness someone bid and the car sold for $3,051.00 a real deal. Still has the metric tires and wheels and looked great. I have a source for the seat material only place bad on the car. I would have headed to Georgia today if that bid had not came and saved me. It had a neat serial number of 177177. Drugs don't stop me going after these great deals. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-GT-350-/301880103885?forcerrptr=true&hash=item464974d3cd:g:fwUAAOSwAKxWUglw&item=301880103885

I have a Ann car and they would fly for a stock mustang. I changed the speedometer to a highway patrol version with 140 you had no idea how fast you were going on the 85 mph regular speedometer. They got over 20 MPG and would run 130 never gave any issues either. Had two teenage drivers that were hard on it to. My son did break the rear center housing, yes broke the casting and said he was not getting on it when it went. Engine was never opened and well over 200,000 on it.

David

My first car was an '82 Mustang also... but it was 'only' a GL hatchback. But, I loved it nonetheless, and would love to own another four-eyed Fox hatchback. ::thumb::

OK, so back to the 351 HO questions. :cool:

I’m just a little late to the party.

I absolutely remember the 351 H.O. Decal as shown on the yellow coupe. It is what got me interested in the 72 R code cars. This would have been in Dallas, 1979 or 1980. I bought my R code in 92. And put Boss 351 decals on it......

So those decals on cars did exist. Unknown how they came to be.

Yeah I agree that someone made the (stickers) but not Ford. I think it has already been mentioned but quite a few of the HO original owners visited the Ford Dealer's parts counter, bought and applied Boss 351 stickers on the fenders and rear trunks of their HO cars. They usually also added the 'hockey' side tape stripes too.

But I did remember another factory sticker where the 351 HO was identified - the tire pressure sticker. For the 1972 (and 73) model year it was mounted on the passenger door jam. So this tire pressure sticker, the air cleaner and the firewall emissions sticker are the only ones I know of that were manufactured from Ford for the 1972 HO cars.

Ray

Back