72 Mach 1 H code Gold Glow in Melbourne Australia.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trunk paint was a water based spatter paint. I have never found anything even near the original. They use to have it but like so much other paint stuff EPA made it go away. There are several mfg's of the trunk spatter paint out there. You would need to take the rust off and prime before you put the spatter paint on.

Managed to get some more cool documentation for my car today. It has been in the mail for some weeks / months.

Original registration info along with the original owner card.

20210613_122236 (Large).jpg

20210613_122215 (Large).jpg

20210613_122150 (Large).jpg

20210613_122309 (Large).jpg

20210613_122053 (Large).jpg

20210613_122101 (Large).jpg

20210613_122150 (Large).jpg

That is very cool documentation!  Looks like it was financed through the LA police credit union too.

That is very good info to have. Anything that proves a line of ownership and originality for sure adds value to your car. Now you have some names, you might try the California DMV. I did mine back in 09 shortly after I bought the car. I'm pretty sure I found the form to request information online. or the address I have is; Department of Motor Vehicles, Public Operations -G199, P.O. Box 944247 Sacramento, CA 94244-2470. The form is; Request For Information. 

As my form has private information, I will PM you a copy if needed.

In my case, I was only able to contact the family of the original owner, who unfortunately had recently passed away. In the end I was able to contact all but one of the previous owners. I also have everything for my car except the dealership sales invoice to the owners Father who bought the car as a graduation present for his daughter. She owned the car for over 30 years.

Geoff,

Thanks for the info. At some point the car went to Texas after 1982. I assume the California DMV will only be able to trace California based owners.. I will keep doing an internet search to see what I can find.

Geoff,

Thanks for the info. At some point the car went to Texas after 1982. I assume the California DMV will only be able to trace California based owners.. I will keep doing an internet search to see what I can find.
A CA DMV search ought to show the next step when it went to Texas. On mine, it lists me as the last owner and the fact it was exported to Canada. Good luck, this is where the fun is!

BD,

Nice looking car, where are you in Melbourne?

Currently finishing my 71 MACH 1 Restomod in Clayton.

It looks great with GT 12 Slot Chromes 7 Sunroof.

Give me a call  Mel 0419 044550

Hey Mel. Am in Sunbury. Good luck with the build. I will be keeping mine stock and unrestored and just a driver.

Mine has its original sports wheel covers but I do like the 12 slot look.

Please keep us posted re your progress.

Back