72 Mustang Grande

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Current Vehicles:
2010 Mustang GT
2008 Lincoln Navigator
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2003 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
1997 Mercedes SL500 AMG Roadster

Can someone tell me if most 72 Mustang Grande's came with the 351 Cleveland, tachometer, and center gauge cluster or is this a unique setup?

72.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if there is any break down on how many Grande's got this option?

It's got the nice rim blow steering wheel too.
Wassup Mike! Ya I'm not usually big on the coupes, but this one just seems to have some unique things that make me like it a little more. It will never be a huge collectible, but all 71-73 stangs are starting to come around more.

Do you know Mike how rare these options were outside of the Mach 1 or Boss?

Im just trying to see if this is truly original or if someone has added this stuff over the years. Its also got the full console and Ive been told the Grandes were not factory with full consoles.

I can do a Marti report but by the time I go thru the process the car wont be available anymore.

Most Grande's came with the 351C.

Tach & center gauge pod, rim blow wheel, long console, A/C, and convenience group that can be seen in your pic are all options for the 72 Grande.

See also the 1972 sales brochure... http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?type=show&pic=/1972/1972_00061_09

Good luck with it.
Thanks Don for that info, so would a marti report detail it enough to know how many Grande's specifically had these options? Or is that a waste of money? When I did the report on my 72 Mach 1 the report said it had a bench seat, which it hadn't. So I question the reliability of these reports now.

Joe

You didn't say 2 V or 4 V

in 72 there were

18000 + 351C 2v coupes

47000 + 302 coupes

less than 1000 351 4V coupes

there were

18045 grandes

3132 coupes with instumentation group

Hope this helps

Don

Joe

You didn't say 2 V or 4 V

in 72 there were

18000 + 351C 2v coupes

47000 + 302 coupes

less than 1000 351 4V coupes

there were

18045 grandes

3132 coupes with instumentation group

Hope this helps

Don
Thank Don its a 2v. If this happens Ive already bookmarked a few items from your site. :D

It's got the nice rim blow steering wheel too.
Wassup Mike! Ya I'm not usually big on the coupes, but this one just seems to have some unique things that make me like it a little more. It will never be a huge collectible, but all 71-73 stangs are starting to come around more.

Do you know Mike how rare these options were outside of the Mach 1 or Boss?

Im just trying to see if this is truly original or if someone has added this stuff over the years. Its also got the full console and Ive been told the Grandes were not factory with full consoles.

I can do a Marti report but by the time I go thru the process the car wont be available anymore.
Hey Joe! I recently saw a 72 Grande for sale locally at a small used car lot. It had the center gauges and the rim blow steering wheel too. I believe it was a 302 engine. He was asking $6K, but it had a lot of body putty on it and some not-so-hidden issues. I told the salesman nicely that he would probably have a hard time selling it for that. He finally told me he bought it at an auction for $2,800!

Hey Joe! I recently saw a 72 Grande for sale locally at a small used car lot. It had the center gauges and the rim blow steering wheel too. I believe it was a 302 engine. He was asking $6K, but it had a lot of body putty on it and some not-so-hidden issues. I told the salesman nicely that he would probably have a hard time selling it for that. He finally told me he bought it at an auction for $2,800!
The one I'm after is 4k with no rust and pretty clean.

The one I'm after is 4k with no rust and pretty clean.
No rust sounds like a great deal, go for it!

Back