• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted 72 Passenger small window switch needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crzyfun

Reaction score
My Car
a '72 mach 1 convertible
Turns out my passenger window works fine, but the rocker switch is bad.

Part #: C9AB-14529-B

I took it off to try and clean it and see if I could get it working and broke the plastic while taking the chrome part out. (🤦‍♂️)

So I'm interested in something like this:

1685917285653.png

Except that the one I broke doesn't have the slightly protruding tabs like:

1685917322309.png

Here's the one I broke (I took the chrome rocker out but it's fine): You can see that mine doesn't have the protruding tabs for some reason:

part-1.jpgpart-2.jpg

I would try to repair this but I think the problem is pushing the rocker doesn't fully engage the metal springs on one of the directions. I don't know if that is repairable... plus I'd need to superglue the broken plastic.

Ahh, so much fun!
Dan

It's possible someone removed the tabs to make the switch fit.
Thank you! I hadn't thought of that. I'll go double-check and see if that's the case.

I also noticed last night after posting that part of the inside plastic frame of the chrome rocker piece was cracked, which may explain why the switch only worked in one direction... that is to say, when pushing up (with the cracked plastic on the up side), the plastic "nipple" wouldn't push on the flat wires because of the crack. I'm gonna try some careful supergluing to see if I can get it working again. If not, I'll grab one of those $43 options you posted and use that (possibly having to remove the tabs).

Cheers,
Dan

Well, I tried fixing the broken one but no luck. So I just ordered a replacement. All is good and working now. The tabs didn't matter. Fit just fine. đź‘Ť

Cheers,
Dan

Back