72 Vert Cleveland

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Looks pretty nice, actually... not a bad price, either. ::thumb::

Only 3 pictures though, so there might be some issues not readily visible. Still...

Hang in there - hopefully, you'll get through and it'll be a good deal. ::thumb::

I googled the number and it comes up as a landscaping business.

I called and sent mails about a 72 Q code vert for over a month to one cl ad. Then after I bought another car he called. He drove truck and was never home. I ended up with the car for less than a 1/3 of what he had receipts for.

Remember a 302 car brings less and a new top will set you back about $1,000 to install plus the top cost. I am sure you will check it over for rust also.

If good running and no rust or mechanical issues I would go with $4,500 -$5,000 at most if you like the car. Look at the sold prices on ebay not the asking. They still do not bring much money. My rust free california 73 vert car with 48,000 miles and lots of great options and 351 H code with a new top in the box, new tires and wheels with original paint was only $7,200 and I bought it off ebay so not a fluke.

I called and sent mails about a 72 Q code vert for over a month to one cl ad. Then after I bought another car he called. He drove truck and was never home. I ended up with the car for less than a 1/3 of what he had receipts for.

Remember a 302 car brings less and a new top will set you back about $1,000 to install plus the top cost. I am sure you will check it over for rust also.

If good running and no rust or mechanical issues I would go with $4,500 -$5,000 at most if you like the car. Look at the sold prices on ebay not the asking. They still do not bring much money. My rust free california 73 vert car with 48,000 miles and lots of great options and 351 H code with a new top in the box, new tires and wheels with original paint was only $7,200 and I bought it off ebay so not a fluke.
I should have you negotiate for me, you get some good deals!

When I bought the Q vert I drove 3 hours to see the car and took $5,000 in $20.00 bills. If cops had stopped me they would have tore my truck apart looking for the dope, lol. I spent several hours checking out the car, serial numbers on everything and then ask him the bottom dollar. He said $9,000. I went to the truck and got the stack of money and sat it down and said there is $5,000 that is all I will pay or I get in truck and leave. He said he could not do it so I left. It was just before Christmas like now and he called the next week and said if I gave him $5,500 I could get it so I did.

You have to buy without emotion. Know the worth and that is it.... He had problems with his truck and engine blew in his wife's car so he needed money. You never know on this car they might need to sell.

The M code I passed on a couple weeks ago was a HAD TO SELL. Family issues and had to get money I did not give the $2,500 but probably should have, next guy did but I have not room in the stable, lol.

I do not know a better time to buy a car than now. People are looking for money to throw away on useless stuff to give to others that will never use it so a big waste of money. Take advantage go check it out. Take cash in $20.00 bills and stick to your guns on price no back and forth get in car and leave. So many are just kicking tires and have no money. You didn't have the car before, no sentimental value to you just looking for a deal. Be courteous and never say bad things just point out things that are not right or will require money to fix like the new top. He knows what one costs he got price and could not afford.

Finally got in touch with owner. Only owned form spring, needs tire, top, dash is cracked, has hole in trunk pan, States floors are solid but too busy to take pictures, very hard to get in touch with.

When I bought the Q vert I drove 3 hours to see the car and took $5,000 in $20.00 bills. If cops had stopped me they would have tore my truck apart looking for the dope, lol. I spent several hours checking out the car, serial numbers on everything and then ask him the bottom dollar. He said $9,000. I went to the truck and got the stack of money and sat it down and said there is $5,000 that is all I will pay or I get in truck and leave. He said he could not do it so I left. It was just before Christmas like now and he called the next week and said if I gave him $5,500 I could get it so I did.

You have to buy without emotion. Know the worth and that is it.... He had problems with his truck and engine blew in his wife's car so he needed money. You never know on this car they might need to sell.

The M code I passed on a couple weeks ago was a HAD TO SELL. Family issues and had to get money I did not give the $2,500 but probably should have, next guy did but I have not room in the stable, lol.

I do not know a better time to buy a car than now. People are looking for money to throw away on useless stuff to give to others that will never use it so a big waste of money. Take advantage go check it out. Take cash in $20.00 bills and stick to your guns on price no back and forth get in car and leave. So many are just kicking tires and have no money. You didn't have the car before, no sentimental value to you just looking for a deal. Be courteous and never say bad things just point out things that are not right or will require money to fix like the new top. He knows what one costs he got price and could not afford.
If you find something let me know if you don't have the room.

Back