73? Mach 1 Inland Empire, CA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's where I start to wonder if the Dash was replaced with one from a 73' and the door sticker is gone or painted over, and they just go by the dash vin, which could be wrong.

this would be a "Buyer beware" situation, check for the VIN on the Drivers side Apron, or other documentation.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a 73 front bumper and the bumperettes on the back scream 73 to me as well.

My 73 can look surprisingly like a 72-71 to the unobservant as I changed out my front grill to a 71-72 as I prefer the look. To make it work with a 73 front bumper, you primarily need to modify the lip on the bottom of the grill by removing it, and the hoor release latch by using a 71-72 or bending and recontouring the handle.

I thought 71-72 bumper guards were the high mount (that's how mine were), and the 73 were the low mount (pointed down) which was standard on the 73' cars, but the 71-72 was part of the protection group.

I think it is a 73 with a 72 stripe package and some blacked out grill treatment. As to the rear bumper, I was looking at the spacing from the body-I don't know about the bumperettes

I believe that to be a 73 set of fenders-the rest is hard to be sure of from 3000 miles away

Ya, that whole posting is whack. I've seen that car posted on there for the past year and a half. I looked into it before I got mine and no such luck as far as getting in contact. Who knows what they've really done to that one.

I'm glad they mention it's a 2 door mustang ( hate it when I confuse it with the 4 door mustangs :p ) It must be rare, it's a "GT Mach 1 " .rofl

This is some kind of scam. I actually tried to purchase this car from the people selling, was offering cash money and they screwed me around. It has actually been sold on Ebay once using the same pictures, and it sold for 10k but yet it still keeps getting posted to Craigslist on a daily basis. I even had my friend call them to see if he could get anywhere with it and got the same result. They are also asking for credit applications to run your credit as well. I have now seen this same pictured car in about 20 different Craigslist adds for all over California. We also determined as well that from the pics of the engine it has a 460 in the engine bay.

The rear bumper is '71/72 w/protection package, but the bumper MOUNTS are '72 as well, which means - if this is a '73 - the filler panels have been removed.

If the filler panels have been removed, where are the two mounting holes in the quarters?

-Kurt

Back