73 Mach 1 on the cover of Mustang Monthly

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-The Mustang...every year, every model and every iteration is now and will forever be directly compared to the legendary original 65/65 edition.

-We compete against "legends", which can never be beaten.
While I believe you make a bit of a point Kit, (that Mustangs will forever be compared to the original, little pony), I still have to wonder how many magazine articles about the new Mustang GT will make redundant reference to their 188.3" length and 3700+lb curb weight in comparison to the original pony car....something tells me not nearly as many as our cars have. So maybe what we're seeing is a bit of selective criticism.
"Selective Criticism." SO appropriate. You've done it again, Sir ::thumb::

For the record of comparison, I think this pic speaks volumes to the staggering size differences between the current model and the "legend."

mump-1303-02+ford-mustang-shelby-gt-500-dream-shelbys+1968-shelby-gt-500-2013-shelby-gt-500_.jpg

I wish there was more of this picture - the lines on the ground don't lie (assuming the rear ends are at least somewhat closely aligned):

6011786283_636c1c09f2.jpg

Surprisingly, there are precious few pictures of any side-by-side comparisons of any years of Mustangs, that I'm able to find (I've never really had the best luck searching for things on the 'net, however, so please feel free to post up what you find).

Back