73 Mach 1 owner here from Cali!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
::welcome:: and I too am an old Air Force vet. Enjoy the site and that seat cover droptop73 would die for. :p
awesomeness, so are you retired now?

::welcome:: and I too am an old Air Force vet. Enjoy the site and that seat cover droptop73 would die for. :p
No I spent 8 years active and 4 in the guard before giving it up. Would have retired in '08.

i have 7 yrs in now and still have anothe 2.5 years on this enlistment. probably going to go all the way.

No I spent 8 years active and 4 in the guard before giving it up. Would have retired in '08.

i have 7 yrs in now and still have anothe 2.5 years on this enlistment. probably going to go all the way.
When you get to that point (7-10)you have to make that decision. I wish somtimes I had stayed, but most days I'm glad I did not. But the idea of being retired for three years already would have been nice.

ok another step closer to getting the darn thing painted and driving again. i know there is a website online that sells the stencils for the fenders, the trunk lid, and the hood but i don't have the patience anymore waiting for them. and i wanted a custom stencil for the hood. and besides, i got them done locally and it cost a fraction of the price and got them all within 1 hour. here they are.

30 dollars out the door instead of paying for 25 for each of the fenders, 18 for the trunk lid, and another 18 for the hood and plus shipping and the time.

ok another step closer to getting the darn thing painted and driving again. i know there is a website online that sells the stencils for the fenders, the trunk lid, and the hood but i don't have the patience anymore waiting for them. and i wanted a custom stencil for the hood. and besides, i got them done locally and it cost a fraction of the price and got them all within 1 hour. here they are.

30 dollars out the door instead of paying for 25 for each of the fenders, 18 for the trunk lid, and another 18 for the hood and plus shipping and the time.
ok, u guys are thinking what in the hell is "MARIA 021404"? well the motor isn't a 351 nor a 429. i also choose not to use the ram air equipment which is sitting in my dad's attic. the motor is a 460 which will become a 500+ cid when the rest of the restoration is done with a 5spd. so i didn't want the old school 351 ram air, or 429 ram air. i named the car "maria" when my dad handed over the keys to me when i was 17 (my today's wife's middle name and my then girlfriend). the 021404 is the day we got married.

its almost our 7th anniversary and i wanted to do something nice for her. we survived divorce and if we did it was my fault for stupid guys doings :D:D:D:D. and i came back from a deployment almost ready to sell her off due to the drama i kept on having with the motor. so the car would of been gone if i didnt consult the wife who refused to let me sell it off.

so here we have it, i can't wait to see it come out.

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

Last edited:
I LIKE it...that is TRUE originality.

I ordered special "badges" (472 High Performance and 545 Stroker) for my two big blocks '73s. I can hardly wait to put them on upon completion of the paint work:)!

GREAT approach with the "tribute."

BT

I believe that originality and personalization is the way to go with our classics. Do it for you because you're the one that has to drive it. It should mean something special to you, the owner. The driver.

If I weren't a Lions fan I'd make a smart alec comment here. :D
LoL, we all should be level headed with car and etc. but i welcome football bickering though!!!! :D:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:D

a LITTLE more progress, it should be in the paint booth Wednesday afternoon for the full body to be coated in red.

they finished up the trunk area that had alot of holes in it.

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back