73 Mustang Bill's car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good looking car(s). I really like the personal touches of your mustang. I would love to see a close up of the running horse.

And do put on the boot. They look even better (hard to believe) with the boot on. It smooth's out the lines.

Welcome from a fellow 73 convert owner.
Here is the details of the running horse. I think it was a decal that my wife found someplace. It might have been a window sticker, which is why it's clear. It was many years ago, so I doubt she will remember where. It s subtle touch that is pretty nice. I think it would probably also a colored picture, opps, "picture of color" would also work.

Last edited by a moderator:
They aren't going for that much. Plus, I 'd have to do a complete restoration on it. I figure that my JPS car, on the left, which is in pretty good condition, is worth north of $25k. Charro, the new S1 I just got, is going to take some work to get her running again. I am doing a Budget Restoration job on her, and hope to get $12k-$15k out of her.

In the UK, this one went for $56,000 http://www.scottwalkers.co.uk/cars/car.php?id=125 I don't know so much about the US market though.

You could certainly make a lot of money on it, the James Bond thing is having an effect on S1 prices.

Do you think you could restore the fibre glass buttresses or have they had it?

I run a website called www.lotusespritturbo.com and have been a member of www.thelotusforums.com/forums for 10 years.

Tony K tells me you know what you're talking about too, but he would still advice restoring it, rather than cutting it up.

It's tough to make money in the restoration game, unless someone is paying you to restore something. Restoration costs were in excess of $83,210, and they sold it for $56,000.

Almost all of the fiberglass survived. The roof had some gel-coat burn off, and the rear hatch is a little worse, but I think I can scrape off the burnt fiberglass and replace it without jeopardizing the integrity of the rear liftgate. The car is already an outstanding survivor, in some ways better than my other Esprit, which is 2 years newer.

I'm doing a Budget Restoration on it. Getting it running well, and patching the fiberglass enough that it is drivable. The next owner can worry about making her pretty, to whatever degree they want. If it all fails, I'll make a fun car out of her, or cut her up for parts, but that is highly unlikely. One guy already told me he would have spent $1000 just for the wheels.

Welcome from coastal Alabama!

Be sure to add a pin for your general location to our member map which is located under the "Fun Stuff" tab at the top of the page.

Back