73 vert arrived HURRAY

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Well yesterday was a huge day. I purchased a 73 vert on eBay on Dec. 17 I think and have been trying to get it here ever since. Had a dozen carriers say they had it and never pick it up. I even tried U-Ship and one took the load and did not pick up so when two weeks passed I went searching again.

It made the trip from Reno to North Carolina without being in the rain. It is a California car that was taken to Reno for summer transportation and sat in garage for 20 years, still has California title. It looks like it is a 48,000 mile car with no rust even the tail light panel has only a couple little spots. The only thing that had been painted on the car was the hood and left fender the remainder is factory paint. It is an "H" code, automatic, PT, PB, PS, Air, had AM/FM with door speaker but changed to new system. It has deluxe interior CW code and yellow with the black around the bottom outside and white top. The top is the Ford top but new one came with the car. He had put MSD ignition on and changed to 4 barrel. The car ran and drove I took to friends shop to store until my garage is ready. Did ruin the rear bumper strip rubbing against part of the trailer frame during transit. Filed complaint with trucking company see how that goes. Had pictures before shipment and the damage after.

I will keep this one just as a driver go through the brakes and fuel system and get everything working. Put the new top on and enjoy it this summer. He had put a new set of wheels and tires on it just to sell and sent the steel wheels with the hard to find mag style hub caps. This was one of those times that the car was better than I expected. Christmas just came a little late.

David

c9zx

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
::congrats:: Chjuck

71mach1lady

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 restored in the original light pewter metallic with TMI interior and custom stereo from Pacific Car Audio
Glad it made it

jbojo

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Q code C6 tranny
Nice looking car, congrats!!!

jpaz

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q Code
Sounds like it was a nightmare getting it there. Sure glad it made it.

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Sounds like it was a nightmare getting it there. Sure glad it made it.
I could write a book on how not to do it. Turned out finding the hauler myself worked the best. All the brokers low ball the quote then cannot get a trucker to take the load.

David

Boss1Ray

Welcome here.
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
Very cool. What an ordeal just to get a car shipped!

Anyway glad it finally arrived.

Ray

OLE PONY

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
Looks great! Even has the Décor group option.

sicndhed

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
I have a low rust/lots of dents '71 sportsroof.
Cool! More pictures please.

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Cool! More pictures please.
I took to a friends shop that does restorations and he said it was the most rust free mustang he has seen.

Not too many pics yet.

I am still high on the adrenaline and I am 66. I am so happy there is just not rust it was kept in garage all it's life.

David

Butch65

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible
Father /Son resto-mod project
1 year in:
351 Cleveland- modified
Maier suspension
Tremec 5 speed

Congrats David!

It looks like a great car. No rust is a bonus for sure!

Butch65

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible
Father /Son resto-mod project
1 year in:
351 Cleveland- modified
Maier suspension
Tremec 5 speed

David,

We're 164 miles southwest of you in North Georgia - Cumming, GA.

will e

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
Congratulations! Wow what a wait. I would go bonkers if I bought a car and it took two months to get it.!

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Congratulations! Wow what a wait. I would go bonkers if I bought a car and it took two months to get it.!
It was a nerve racking deal. I bought it on ebay which I had never done. The car was in Reno and only had a couple days before the sale would end. I tried to get in touch with someone in the local Mustang club in Reno to go look at it to see if it was as advertised but they did not answer until I had bought it. There were at least 50 emails back and forth with the owner getting more pictures of the areas that usually rust. Then after the sale all the trucking brokers start trying to get you business giving low quotes it was a mess. If I did it again I would go get it myself, lol.

David