A few questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mus72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 fastback
Hi guys before I ask questions I'll fill in a few details on my car its a 351c 2v the the engine is out awaiting a rebuild the heads have been given a 3 angle valve job fitted with stainless 4v valves, intake is a2v to 4v iron intake I bought ;forged 30 over pistons,comp cams 280 magnum cam and roller rockers ,main stud kit and other odds and sods .

FMX box just got a broader performance 2400 converter.

Body wise isn't good in that I had the car sand blasted many years ago as it was to go into a body shop which through no fault of my own didn't happen what was my fault was I stupidly didn't give the car a coat of paint just primer which is now all covered in surface rust and I really don't want to reblast it. So far I've bought a new grill , tail light panel, outer wheel housing and new rear quarters would like a new hood and trunk lid.

First question is suspension rebuilding this is what I was thinking of doing next, should I change spring or just shocks and bushs?

I read few posts here were poly bushs didn't get a great reveiw what would you guys recomend.

I have to tell you I have champagne ideas and lemonade finances guys so its hard to soar like an eagle when you were born a turkey.

Many thanks

Stephen

First question is suspension rebuilding this is what I was thinking of doing next, should I change spring or just shocks and bushs?

what would you guys recommend?

I have to tell you I have champagne ideas and lemonade finances guys so its hard to soar like an eagle when you were born a turkey.

Many thanks

Stephen
Lemonade finances tells me just do the shocks and bushings. You could always come back later and change out the springs and re-install the same shocks.

I would buy rubber bushings and skip the poly stuff.

Lemonade or champagne, I'd use rubber bushings in most cases. If you want a higher durometer bushing Eaton Spring is a great source for bushings and springs. If possible I'd use the original springs, unless you want to go road racing. If the car has a nose high attitude and you'd prefer level cut 1/2 coil from the spring with a cut off wheel, no torch. ::welcome:: Chuck

Thanks for that until I read the negative reports here I would have automatically opted for poly thinking it far superior.

Cheers

Stephen

NO poly! go rubber.

I can't tell you how many people i run into that had the same problems i had with poly and wish they swapped back to rubber like i did.

Been checking the web do you know of anyone who sells a complete kit for rubber they all seem to do poly kits only.

Last edited by a moderator:
no i had to piece together the rubber bushings from various kits as well, i don't think they sell a all in one rubber kit.

I had to buy the front suspension, swaybar, and rear suspension as seperate kits that came with extra parts. Also i think the rubber bushings for the shocks was a seperate kit for front and rear.

Annoying, but Poly is awful. Try contacting don at ohio mustang he used to put together master rubber kits for the body and weather stripping. maybe he he can put a rubber master kit together for the suspension.

Been checking the web do you know of anyone who sells a complete kit for rubber they all seem to do poly kits only.
Contact these folks.http://www.eatonsprings.com/techquestions/mainpage.htm They can probably meet most of your needs. Excellent products. Chuck

Latest posts

Back