A little more about the Air Gap?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omie01

Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code fastback Boss 351 clone
All during my build I have heard many different opinions concerning the Air Gap intake. One guy says they are not made for iron heads. Another says it will not work unless I port match it! Another said the port mismatch will cause problems? Who is running an Air Gap? Do you like it? Does it seem to give max HP? I found out quickly the ARP bolts won't work for it! I had to buy hardware bolts for it. Also, when its time to change my thermostat One of the bolts are really close to the intake, it may give me trouble. Its too late for me to turn back now, but just wanted to hear how everybody likes theirs!!:D

Well I have the airgap on my own [TONGUE] and I Love it 😎 But Wee had to do some work on it to fit My heads... Because of the fact that I have the CHI 4V heads from Australia.. But I have never regret it 😎[THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN] They are awesome stuff 😎 Regards Lars

Sendt fra min D2005 med Tapatalk

Omie,

I am running an Air Gap on my Cleveland in my Model A for 5+years and like it very much. I have Edelbrock aluminum heads which are "port matched" to the intake

My car seems to perform very well with this intake, taking into consideration it only weighs around 2,400 lbs !!! I have no issue with the thermostat housing removal as you stated. I did use ARP bolts that I ordered in bulk and cut down to the proper length for the intake. And it also looks great !!!

Model A Motor.jpg

This is a pic from 2007 (hard to believe its been 9 yrs) when we were assembling the 302 engine for my 69 vert. The Air Gap has worked very well with my setup.

Image030.jpg

This is the finished product.

Image026.jpg

That intake looks great. Has anybody tried removing the "edelbrock" logo to make it look stock/oem?

I suggest you read this thread discussing various intakes which were dyno tested on the cleveland. The characters in this thread are some of the most knowledgeable folks in the world, when it comes to cleveland power.

Back