Accel distributor 7100 series

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirconmach1

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 351 Cleveland, 4 barrel, ram air, 4 speed, factory a/c, 77 k original miles in bright red with black.

Drive it like you stole it!
Hey everyone, I have a 71202E Accel distributor. I can’t seem to locate a rotor and cap for it. Is there a cross reference to Accel distributors for these parts. Or if anyone knows of someplace I can purchase these parts from. Any help out there or do I have to reach further into my empty pockets again. Thanks for any help on this.

I found a catalog listing for the cap & rotor set. Looks like it was part # 8342. There are individual part # listings, and they also offered a male terminal conversion cap & rotor kit. I've found listings for it, but no stock. You might want to post on the FB Group "Vintage Moroso, Mr. Gasket & Performance Equipment Aficionados", those guys come up with all sorts of stuff. There may also be an OEM part that will replace the Accel cap and rotor.

To be honest, the cap looks like nothing more than the 50's Ford short cap used on the V8s of the day molded in the Accel brown material.

1691161997519.png

1691160300937.png

1691160271666.png

Thanks for your reply. I was starting to give up hope on my post. Many lookers and only your repl. Thanks again!

Back