Acceptable Upgrades

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! HOw bout a Chevy big block?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! When I am at a show and see a FORD with a chevy motor, I walk on by. Does not interest me in the least, but thats just my opinion and we all know what they say about opinions.
I do the same thing.I don't even like to see chevys in t-buckets.When my kids were younger I taught them how to identify a chevy motor and look the other way at car shows.
LOL Yep, maybe Ford told them where to stick the dizzy.:D

Try looking at the sales brochure from these cars when new to see what the factory options were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try looking at the sales brochure from these cars when new to see what the factory options were.
+1 on Don65Stang's comment if you are considering resale value. Pick options and colors that were available that year. If you are not concerned about resale then go with most others said, it's your car do what you want. Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
you know what the best upgrade is:

Undoing 40+ years of idiotic Repairs done by unqualified automotive mechanics.

^^^ Goes hand-in-hand with restoring rust and worn out components back into a driveable machine.

I hafta agree with the "build it how you want it" mindset. Even a 1 of 1 specimen from our genre are not particularly rare or crazy-valuable (in the eyes of the Mustang/Shelby collecter community, anyway). The greatest value of our vehicles belongs to the owners and admirers.

who cares what anyone else thinks. take it from someone who is about to do a 2nd restore cuz i am just not happy with the decisions i made on the car 10 years ago. make it your own, a one off, just like sm3570 did, and he has one hell of a nice car!

What I found when rebuilding old cars is that they were not made to run on todays highways or have todays creature comforts. I try to lighten the cars as much as possible with aluminum where I can and sound deaden everything. I also improve the suspension up to todays standards and replace the front steering components with more modern parts. As for the engine, it has to have more power. More power is better, right? The transmission is rebuilt for power also. I never change the paint color from original unless I am going for a complete restoration. If you think your stock car is made for todays roads, find you a track somewhere and do 130 Mph and see if you do not kiss the ground when its over with.

Back