Add On Rev Limiter

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1971 Ranchero
I'm looking to add a rev limiter to a Durspark I and would be nice if it was also compatible with a Unilite electronic. So far, I'm seeing the MSD Soft Touch Rev Control and Pertronix 600 Digital Rev Limiter. Looking for feedback on an add-on rev limiter and in particular any feedback on either of these two.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the Pertronix 600...primarily because it's adjustable vs requring "pills" to change RPM limit. Interested in any of you have used this and what your experience is....or even with Pertronix, for that matter....they seem to have mixed reviews.

Basstrix,
Can't comment on the Pertroxix 600, but I have the model 510, which can be had for $217 and has much more features.
rev limiter, multi-spark, will drive a shift light, 2 step, adjustable start retard, just too mention a few.
I am running mine with a MSD distributor.
Iam certain that it will work with a Duraspark distributor but don't know about using one with an optical sensor type distributor.
yes, there are lots of wires to run and lots of dip switches to set, but mine has been flawless for about 4 years now.
this unit also does a tach sweep for rev limit and 2 step limit.
Guesing you already have a non factory tach ?.
Boilermaster

Back