Admiring your stuff at 70MPH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be able to go to your first post, click on Edit at the bottom of the post, then Full Edit and change it yourself.
I'm a moron ... I just told rockety foot this  :p  ...what would have been better is if I took him out for a beer ... it's more economical.  :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread title fixed!  Sorry guys...work has been taking away from my forum time lately!   lollerz

The other day i had a similar problem but luckily at zero. The guy at the light on the lane next to mine but half a car ahead. He was all twisted in the driver side trying to look back at my car. He had his cheeks against the windows trying to get a good angle to look back. I just wonder if he ever thought that lowering the window will help.... In any case this was a long light and he kept twisting his body seeing the car. He then took the phone and he started taking pictures. I just pretended i was not seeing him. I just wanted to laugh....

Today at another stoplight the guy next to me in a SUV wanted to race. I got all excited and spinned the tires way to easy for a long time in first gear while he went. I then shifted to second and he was way ahead of me. Stepped on the gas all the way to 6000 rpms and by the time i shifted to third he was in my rearview mirror. I am glad i started late so that gave him a bit of hope that he could beat me... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hey forum Friends.

Hate to sound like your parents, but i have a question.  Is there any way we can keep the titles of our posts a little cleaner?   I have children at an impressionable age, and posts like this one that have one crappy word in the post title that sticks out every day makes it hard for me to show the kids I have a clean and fun hobby.  They always have a "casual view " of my screen and I hate to have to hide it from them.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

kcmash

Here here, thank you!

:threadjacked: 

ALL:

Thank you for your patience and understanding in making the minor adjustments needed to maintain our 'family friendly' charter.  It's not always easy to catch these things quickly every time, but the easy nature of this group in dealing with things like this has been a HUGE contributing factor to this being the best online Mustang site/forum around. 

We all do our best to maintain the 'family friendly' environment, but let's be honest: at the end of the day, we're still pretty much a big group of guys who have our common interests centric to our cool cars, and that easily lends itself to a wide spectrum of perspectives and personalities, which I believe we all enjoy and appreciate just as much - basically, we're all friends here, so we tend to be more relaxed with each other, which definitely shines through in all of the friendly exchanges, effortless sharing of information, and the genuine support and encouragement we all offer one another.

So the grace afforded by the group in making these minor adjustments is greatly appreciated - we've all seen so many things go totally polar opposite at other sites, with people losing their minds over the slightest infractions and turning into all-out flame wars, disrupting natural flow of the group.  This so very rarely happens here, which again is why this site has such a large following with so many of members regularly engaged - truly the best Mustang site/forum around.

::yourock::

OK - now get back to talking about all those annoying antics from all the looky-loos.   :whistling:

One day at lunchtime, I drove over to a Jack-In-The-Box, from work, to grab a quick burger and coke to go, inching forward in the drive-thru. Eventually I got up to the window to receive my order, and when the young guy leaned out to give me the food, he just gawked at the car. He said "Man, you don't see a car like this everyday, cool. Hey, I'll bet it wastes a lot of gas...." . I took the food bag from his hand, smiled, and said, " No,...…. surprisingly it uses every drop", and drove out.....true story.

One day at lunchtime, I drove over to a Jack-In-The-Box, from work, to grab a quick burger and coke to go, inching forward in the drive-thru. Eventually I got up to the window to receive my order, and when the young guy leaned out to give me the food, he just gawked at the car. He said "Man, you don't see a car like this everyday, cool. Hey, I'll bet it wastes a lot of gas...." .  I took the food bag from his hand, smiled, and said, " No,...…. surprisingly it uses every drop", and  drove out.....true story.

That's funny!!!!    lollerz

Having a special car , and driving it really is the best part. For the most part, people do dig it and will try to motion a sign of approval.....something you'll NEVER get driving an everyday white Honda Accord. Since my very first car, I've always had a vintage or Muscle car, so now, I hardly even hear anyone honking to get my attention anymore, although they still do....years of hearing that has made me oblivious to it. Those people probably think I'm a snob. I'm really not. I see cars that I think are cool on the road as well, but since the Mach 1 I drive is my only car, and I'm in it when I see other cool cars, there is no need to honk or yell out. We each see each other and usually just give each other that nod of approval.

Here in Los Angeles, I am surrounded with a lot of entitled rich kids and idiots. Here, they're like road lice. There's lots of late model Mustangs, Challengers, BMWs, hopped up imports being driven like there's some sort of competition going on. Sometimes they'll rev their engine, like we're all brothers, or something, but they don't realize they're not even in the same league. Go and do doughnuts somewhere...…"Bro". These guys aren't enthusiasts, Daddy, or the Leasing Company actually owns the car. Just how much of an enthusiast can you be if you're not even invested enough to own the car?

Back