Ammeter

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justimagine

Reaction score
My Car
1973 convertible Mustang
Hi Guys can anyone let me know where i can get a 73 ammeter that works, Open to suggestions

HA, i think they all came broken from the factory. I've never seen one that deflects like you think it should.

they do actually work you will see the needle move Very slight towards the Charge side of the meter when the engine is running, and if you flick the lights on the meter will flick just a little towards the Discharge side.

now if there was a major short that meter will defect to Discharge big time.

I remember i asked about this same thing years ago, nobody had a solution. Mine works as described, very slight movements towards C and D. at every car show I've asked people about it, everyone seems to work the same way, i have never seen a NOS unit to compare to it.

if you are concerned about your alternator you can get a alternator tester for about 20$ and it will tell you the condition of your battery and alternator when the car is running, you can also use a voltmeter, record the battery voltage with the engine off, and then note a positive increase in voltage with the engine running, and the voltage will raise up a little as the engine rpms go up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys found a site that will repair Gauges hopefully this will assist someone else

Sorry try that again here is site www.rccinnovations.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys can anyone let me know where i can get a 73 ammeter that works, Open to suggestions
Recently bought one from Ohio Mustang, a used OEM ammeter. Works great. Also bought a temp gauge only to find it was a bad connection at the sender. So now I have a spare temp gauge.

mike

Back