Anemic 351-C 2V

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what is the dia of the 351-CJ air cleaner is it the same as the 429?

refering to a 351-CJ ram-air air cleaner. Same as stock 2V air cleaner diameter or bigger....same ford big block 429?

OK I see the base is offset from the upper seal area. Looks like I might as well use the stock 351-C air cleaner and chop-cut-rebuild into ram air style. All I need then is the top diameter, seal and come up with the offset distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is the dia of the 351-CJ air cleaner is it the same as the 429?

refering to a 351-CJ ram-air air cleaner. Same as stock 2V air cleaner diameter or bigger....same ford big block 429?

OK I see the base is offset from the upper seal area. Looks like I might as well use the stock 351-C air cleaner and chop-cut-rebuild into ram air style. All I need then is the top diameter, seal and come up with the offset distance.
Just pokin' around a bit an wondering whatever happened with your project.

I still haven't even gotten my Ram Air air cleaner painted and installed yet, nor have I installed the Edelbrock E-Street fuel injection system or A/C idler bracket (hopefully, that'll all come together around the end of September when my buddy Dave visits from Phoenix - just so we can have something cool to do and wrench on).

The engine's running like a champ, though.  I take it out for a spin now and then - hit a car show once in a while, Cars & Coffee, things like that.  I think things would be a lot more fun with 3.50:1 rear gears, but even with 3.00s, it's not too bad.  The engine feels plenty healthy and stays cool enough even when I run it out a bit when it's hot outside (as-in: 100+ temps outside in the shade).

Just checkin' in!

KT-69 where in Nebraska are you?
Dang - I wish I would've paid attention.  I was in Omaha 2 weeks ago at a conference held at the Century Link Convention Center.  Nice little town ya got there. ::thumb::

Back