Another Spark Plug question - 408 Cleveland Stroker

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
Looking for recommendation for plugs (heat range) and gap for this set up.

408 C Stroker
Bore 4.03
Stroke 4.00
static compression 10.9:1
Trickflow Aluminum 225 CC Heads
Custom DUI ignition from Performance Distributors
Edelbrock Air Gap Intake
Headman headers
Cam Specs
229/239 @ .050", 114 LSA, 108 ICL, .614/.623 lift (Spec'd by Brent at Lykins Motorsports)

Thank you in advance for any help with this. I apricate it as always.

I found this chart helpful. Ford used the same heat range for several different engines. Seems like the higher compression/performance got the colder plugs. ARF vs BRF is the thread size. 1690461766814.png

Looking for recommendation for plugs (heat range) and gap for this set up.

408 C Stroker
Bore 4.03
Stroke 4.00
static compression 10.9:1
Trickflow Aluminum 225 CC Heads
Custom DUI ignition from Performance Distributors
Edelbrock Air Gap Intake
Headman headers
Cam Specs
229/239 @ .050", 114 LSA, 108 ICL, .614/.623 lift (Spec'd by Brent at Lykins Motorsports)

Thank you in advance for any help with this. I apricate it as always.
Have you done a DCR calculation for this combination? You'll need to know where the intake valve closes to do so.
http://www.wallaceracing.com/dynamic-cr.php Chuck

So what are you going to use for fuel? It doesn't sound like a pump gas friendly combo to me. If Brent and Tim say it is then I am wrong. They are both really good at what they do. Chuck

So what are you going to use for fuel? It doesn't sound like a pump gas friendly combo to me. If Brent and Tim say it is then I am wrong. They are both really good at what they do. Chuck
Both of them agreed I am good with 91-93 octane given the chamber design. They wanted to target DCR below 8.7.

Thanks for sharing the information. Good luck with the build and keep us updated. Chuck

Trick Flow recommends Autolite 3924 plugs for their heads. They also offer the AR3924 racing plug. Those cross to NGK BKR6ES-11 and BKR6ES respectively.

Back