Another version of a dead pedal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 w/408C stroker
After thinking about this project for a long time, and reading the different ideas in this forum, I finally came up with my version of a dead pedal.

I started with Scott Drake's dead pedal, p/n 5R3Z-6112020-BL for newer Mustangs

https://www.amazon.com/Drake-Muscle-Cars-5R3Z-6112020-BL-Pedal/dp/B00FGOTRHM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501170428&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Scott+Drake+5R3Z-6112020-BL

This is a good platform to start with. The groove and metallic look may not appeal to all, but I like it. I may eventually go for this look for all the pedals, but not there yet. I guess it could be be painted or powder coated if you wanted to turn it black and make less visible.

The process is very simple if you have a band saw. Just cut the mounting bracket as shown in the picture so it fits without touching the trim. The bracket has to be turned around a remounted to the pedal. I drilled a hole on the sheetmetal (kick area) and screwed it in. I used two washers as spacer so the edge of the pedal is flat with the trim. I have not painted the washers, bolt, nor the bracket, but I am not too worried about since it is hard to see down there. I decided for the bracket to be over the carpet, but I guess it could go under. The position of the pedal is perfect. It allows the parking brake to function, and it doesn't interfere with the light switch. As a plus, it helps keep the mat in place so it doesn't slide forward.

Edit: forgot to mention that you also need to drill a hole in the bracket for the mounting screw.

Scott Drake's pedal:

61jl_Vy_XGDh_L_SL1200.jpg

Bracket:

In a rough shape because I was trying different options.

Bracket after cutting:

Installed:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back