Any 71-73 Daily Drivers?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all

mine will be a weekend driver once I get it sorted out

I have to get a compliance plate so I can register it for the road

because there has been a left to right hand drive conversion done

looking at $500 for an engineers report and the plate

if the work has been done in a professional manner

it will pass OK till then just a little bit of a driver using a dealers trade plate

to get work done to it

thanks John

Every day since I bought the car four years ago. That is why the restoration is taking so long, every project you start has to be finished that evening. My '71 M-code Grande is the most fun car I ever owned.

mike
You're my inspiration! I'm looking forward to getting my M code road worthy and being able to say the same thing. :)

Ok, I'm still very new on this forum so if this is well documented then forgive me for asking...

Who uses their 71-73 as a daily driver?

- or -

How frequently do you drive your Mustang?
Every day since I bought the car four years ago. That is why the restoration is taking so long, every project you start has to be finished that evening. My '71 M-code Grande is the most fun car I ever owned.

mike
I am the same way right now, I have to wait for the weekend or try to do it after work. But it is so worth it, everytime i get into my car i get a smile on my face! Only tough part is its my only car!

Ok mine is not a daily driver but I will take it to work a few times a week { or what the paycheck will allow} MY engine is not stock so fuel economy is gone If I get stuck in traffic I am toast or the engine will be. But If I wake up one morning and I have in mind to drive it nothing is going to stop me. Also I live in Quebec so winters are a no no for the mustang. But it is in no way a trailer queen. I go to the local classic car cruise night once a week {weather permitting} and the weekly mustang meet. And on the weekends I drive it everywhere I go. Unless I go to Montreal there is traffic there 20 hours a day. Once I upgrade to front disc brakes I will also go to the track with it a few times a year. I am even thinking of joining the NHRA semi pro class. But I will have to do a few runs on a cruise night first to see if it is worth it.

I finally got mine driveable in January, and now I try to drive it very frequently. I intend to drive it to school sometimes (I teach high school), but I'm starting at a new school this year so that kind of depends on what the kids are like.

It's the car I spent my money on for a highschool car so I get to drive it to work, school and anywhere else I decide to go everyday whether sun, snow, sleet or rain. I finished installing the weatherstripping just as winter is setting in. Hope I did a good job.

I drive every one of mine each day in my mind. I visualize the red hood, then the blue hood etc. as I head down the road. I feel the M-code's clutch under my foot and slamming the gears, 1st, 2nd, 3rd... I can hear the rumble behind me as other cars grow smalker in the rear view mirror. It's fun to pretend! Reality is better though. My visualization is motivation for when I can drive mine every day.

I drive mine whenever I can and just picked up a couple more knicks in the paint :D Starting to really look like a 40+ year old car now ::thumb::

Actually, i've been driving my car as my daily driver for the last week as the van i'm used to use everyday is occupied in some of my father's project... I'm not all comfortable going everywhere but you know... a car is ment to be driven so WTF!

I'm not driving all day long also so it is not such a big risk for the old mechanics... What's important for me to mention is that with a 1,5 dollar a litre of fuel (or almost 5 dollars each american gallon if my maths are not mistaken)... I spent 10 bucks and drove arround for 3 days, including 2 times to work and another quite long ride to drop my lady in School :) HAPPY WITH THAT! ;)

Who uses their 71-73 as a daily driver?

- or -

How frequently do you drive your Mustang?

- or -

If not the mustang what is your daily driver?

Post pics...pics are always welcome. ;)
My 73 mach1 is my daily driver and i love my car

My 73 mach1 is my daily driver i couldnt imagine driving anything else i have a love for this car and a passion to restore it completely one day.I have already put new door panels, painted it, and new dash wheels are next on its list i have a new trunk pan and tail light pan sitting in my garage waiting on me to install next i wouldnt take a million dollars for my car.

My 73 mach1 is my daily driver i couldnt imagine driving anything else i have a love for this car and a passion to restore it completely one day.I have already put new door panels, painted it, and new dash wheels are next on its list i have a new trunk pan and tail light pan sitting in my garage waiting on me to install next i wouldnt take a million dollars for my car.
Awesome! I feel the same way but mine isn't my daily driver yet,...yet!

I drive my 73 almost daily but with the Locker/Spooled rear end it makes street driving a little awkward. I still drive it ever chance I get tho.

Fantastic man... i personally admire the passion you have and i'm 100% positive that you've found the right place to share that passion... you are going to enjoy our site and i know this site is going to care a lot for you...

Fantastic man... i personally admire the passion you have and i'm 100% positive that you've found the right place to share that passion... you are going to enjoy our site and i know this site is going to care a lot for you...
THANKS DAMIAN

Mine isn't a daily driver but I saw one today at a home improvement store and snapped a pic.

2011-12-02 13.31.20 by JJR329, on Flickr
THATS A NICE ONE I WOULD LOVE TO GET MY HANDS ON THAT 1 LOL ILL TAKE ALL THEM I CAN GET THANKS FOR SHARING THE PHOTO

Last edited by a moderator:
Back