Any minnesotans out there?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code fastback Boss 351 clone
I am starting to think I might just want to send my 351C to a builder. Anybody know any good engine builders in the minneapolis area? I want someone I can talk to each step of the build, and bounce some ideas off of if I want to. I have only built 1 other cleveland ever and it was a 2bbl head, 4 bbl carb motor so I didn't have to get to extensive with the build. I just would like to find a good guy that likes to work with their customer for the build, and dyno for break-in and testing.

I myself am from Minnesota, what part are you from by chance? and to answer you I have no idea about any mechanics in the Minneapolis area, I'm new to the thread maybe 3 months now, and I'm also new to my project. I bought my 72 Coupe back in Aug of this year and I am only currently working on the Fuel System of the vehicle. If you find anyone or anything around in Minnesota it would be nice to know !

Another Minnesotan here. Just picked up my 72 convertible about a month ago so I haven't had a chance to find any Mustang resources yet but there's got to be a few clubs around. I plan on hitting the show & swaps in the spring. Should be able to make some contacts there.

I am from the Blaine area, Wheeler is one engine builder over here and they have a dyno as well, but I have a feeling they are not really into clevelands. I was told my heads have to pass their "test" otherwise they wont build, and was told, "we charge $2000 just to build the motor" like it was supposed to scare me away. Just not a very good vibe. I could be wrong. I just dont think I can spend $10,000 on a motor rebuild. Other than that: everybody knows a guy who knows a guy kind of thing. I want to have good open communication with the ones who are going to build my motor because there are so many variables with the cleveland, especially in the 400hp range.

Why not give it a go yourself, lots of good people ready to offer some really good advice. Your only thing you'll really need to do is find a very competent machine shop to do the work that is required, once you have the parts you need. 400+ hp from a street driven Cleveland is a fairly easy combination to do, like I said plenty of good advice on how to achieve this on here as well. Not only will putting your engine together save you some serious money, but the feeling of satisfaction of doing it yourself when see the end product, then when you install it in your car and get it running, the smile on your face and knowing you've it by yourself is rewarding in itself.

Latest posts

Back