April 15-17 2016 MCA Nat. St. Augustine FL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the MCA Gold!! :bravo:

OK, so I gotta ask: why are you parked all the way over there by yourself? Is that how MCA events show love for the '71-'73s? (wouldn't surprise me a bit) :whistling:

Ray, sorry I do not have any more pictures. My wife took these before she started sight seeing without me. I spent most of my time cleaning and then walking around the cars. Forgot to take pic's.

Eric, actually that was taken Sunday morning before we loaded the car for the trip back. They were encouraging everyone to load their cars as early as possible on Sunday to empty the school campus by 3:00PM. It was a cloudy dreary morning and rained overnight so a lot of folks loaded Saturday at the end of the show or very early Sunday. They had over 350 cars registered. There were probably 7-9 71-73's there spread around the show. I was in the concourse section with 2 other Boss 1's.

Here is a Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.744780598991257.1073742074.236028726533116&type=3

They were encouraging everyone to load their cars as early as possible on Sunday to empty the school campus by 3:00PM. It was a cloudy dreary morning and rained overnight so a lot of folks loaded Saturday at the end of the show or very early Sunday.
I'm glad I didn't go as a vendor. Telling everyone to leave Sunday morning leaves a bad taste in vendor's mouths. Just like the MCA show in Orlando a couple of years ago, there was no one on the show field on Sunday morning. Yet, vendors pay good money (and time and effort) for a full three day show. Shame on the local club for this awful policy.

Hi there bkdunha,

Good to meet you during the show! (wife spoke to you at length) Love the Mach 1 and will send you a few questions. Our Mach 1 was display only (next year) but the Roush took Gold in Unrestored.

It was a great show and really enjoyed, weather turned out perfect. Thinking of going to Myrtle Beach..not sure yet.

Ken

It was a long trip to and back from St. Augustine this past weekend, but the show was great. I did not have the opportunity to meet any of the other members. Hopefully another time.

We left out Friday AM out of Memphis at 2:30am and made good time until Jacksonville, FL. Hit 2 bad traffic jams and we were 15 minutes late to get the trailer in the show parking area. Another 45 minutes at the Hampton Inn trying to get that parked and I was beat for the day. Saturday turned out to be a great day. Sunday started off gray and dreary but ended up getting Sunny while in the awards ceremony.

It was a great first MCA show for me and the Mach. Ended up winning a Gold in the 71-73 Concourse division. Met some great folks and enjoyed the weekend.

kwear, congrats on the Roush! It was great talking with you and your family. Have fun with the Mach 1 and please do not hesitate to shoot any questions to me or the forum as a whole. This is one big family here that will support your efforts along the way.

Received my judging sheet from the St. Augustine show this morning. First I would like to thank the judges who took the time to look my car over and provide some great feedback. This was the first time the car was judged via MCA under the concourse rules. I must admit my nerves were on edge the entire time they were looking over the car. While there may be 1 or 2 items that could be verified to be correct (v-belt part numbers..) over all I really agree with their feedback. The items they have pointed out have thus far just been beyond the wallet to get resolved. Some are just misses by me in cleaning and will be great areas to focus on for the next show. In total I had 14 points deducted and still obtained a gold so I could not be any happier. I know being a judge can be contentious at times, I just appreciate the knowledge and benchmark they are entrusted to maintain for this classification.

Back